Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2009 7:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Long Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi LaForge
    No, bad training on steroids is still better than good training without them. In fact, I'd be willing to put money on me gaining more muscle with steroids and flexing in front of a mirror than you hitting the gym as hard as you possibly can without'em.
    lol yes but isn't that just a testament to the instant gratification generation? it's sad to me that the world is moving in this direction. and when i say that it's not an attack on people that choose to use steroids, rather a society that pushes us to.

i believe steroids have a purpose, but the fact that someone can just "flex in front of the mirror" and get stronger than me busting my ass really pisses me off. also, they lose out on the other benefits of following the other approach (healthier lifestyle, self-determination, etc).

i can't really say much about that since i haven't experienced steroids, but those are my feelings on the subject. i appreciate the talk about it because most of this stuff is new to me :)

anyway, i'm 148 right now. this is my personal highest weight! i've been eating wayyy more and am seeing noticeable changes in my arms and upper body.

any pre-workout supplement advice? i'm leaning towards shotgun (just for those days i need an extra push) but i'll be trying out some others next week.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2009 7:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihonto
    but isn't the problem with steroids, stopping steroids? I never use them, but people I know who have, shrunk up and lost all motivation when they stopped. They got perky nipples too ...
    my dad had a friend that got stretch marks from bulking up so fast, then when he stopped got really fat.

i have friends that have done 'em and the only thing i notice is just an inflated ego matched with a side of aggression.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/14/2009 9:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much you got?
    I've got a heaping pile of student loan debt. You can take as much of that as you want.

I gained 20 lbs of muscle in 21 days. I grappled 9 times for 90 mins.

That's 40 mins per pound. Beat that.
    I go back on creatine, I gain ten pounds of lean mass (literally) overnight, I claim (a very hollow) victory.

Anyways, I remember reading this thread before I signed up for these boards. It was an enlightening read for me, and I think it'd be similarly enlightening for the OP to read it.

It puts your comments in this thread in something of an odd light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    2/14/2009 9:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihonto
    but isn't the problem with steroids, stopping steroids? I never use them, but people I know who have, shrunk up and lost all motivation when they stopped. They got perky nipples too ...
    Sort of. There are all sorts of potential problems, but if you do it right, you can be on half the time. There are some that really inflate you with water weight, but that's not real muscle. Also, if you stop and do nothing, sure you shrink, but that's just like stopping working out in general. I had a net gain of 15 lbs~.

[qutoe=kw]lol yes but isn't that just a testament to the instant gratification generation? it's sad to me that the world is moving in this direction. and when i say that it's not an attack on people that choose to use steroids, rather a society that pushes us to.[/quote]

But...for me, it wasn't about society at all. I just wanted to rehab an injury quicker, and I did. I also wanted to be stronger, and I am. It was actually Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union that originally developed roids for use on a large scale and the American Olympic team of the 1960s that improved them, and I would argue that those societies, and the America of 1960, were very different from the one we live in now. When it comes down to it, steroids in sports, as opposed to bodybuilding, are not about quick fixes, but rather long term goals.

i believe steroids have a purpose, but the fact that someone can just "flex in front of the mirror" and get stronger than me busting my ass really pisses me off. also, they lose out on the other benefits of following the other approach (healthier lifestyle, self-determination, etc).
    This is true, and highlights the horribly lame bodybuilding side of roid use (which, to be fair, is probably 90% of the total).

my dad had a friend that got stretch marks from bulking up so fast, then when he stopped got really fat.
    I know guys like that too...they are losers. Steroids didn't make them lazy losers, being inherently lazy did.

i have friends that have done 'em and the only thing i notice is just an inflated ego matched with a side of aggression.
    They do that, but I guess I was never an egomaniacal douchebag previously, so a brief brush with such behaviour was kind of fun.

I go back on creatine, I gain ten pounds of lean mass (literally) overnight, I claim (a very hollow) victory.
    I drink a gallon of water and blah, blah, blah.

Anyways, I remember reading this thread before I signed up for these boards. It was an enlightening read for me, and I think it'd be similarly enlightening for the OP to read it.

It puts your comments in this thread in something of an odd light.
    Looking back at it, my perspective has changed. Also, I don't feel any need to bullshit anymore. I fucked that cycle right up on so many levels.
    Last edited by Roidie McDouchebag; 2/14/2009 9:37pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2009 10:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i love this website

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/14/2009 10:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I drink a gallon of water and blah, blah, blah.
    Differences:
    1) Drinking a gallon of water makes your gut look bigger. Creatine-induced water uptake makes your muscles look bigger.
    2) Ergogenic effects of creatine supplementation.

Anyways, how did your post-cycle period go? I'm asking because it's pertinent to this thread and because I'm sincerely curious (like I said, the thread was educational), not because I'm sitting here saying "please God let him have lost everything he gained and gotten testicular cancer so I can win some argument".

Looking back at it, my perspective has changed. Also, I don't feel any need to bullshit anymore. I fucked that cycle right up on so many levels.
    Elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2009 10:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    quick update before i go to the gym for some lower body.

feels like a plateau'd a bit at 148. My work-outs remain regular but i still havent gotten the eating down right. it's funny because when i started this i would put 165 up 3 times on bench, now im doing 205! and moving from 5 days a week at the gym to 3 while only being there for an hour or so.

i also started some bjj which is doing my core stomach and sides wonders. i got submitted by some people younger/smaller than me, but my wrestling background seemed to put me in some positions that allowed for easy locks or chokes. my guard was easily broken and passed but i look forward to working on that next class.

everyone is still talking me down but i'm halfway to my goal of 155-160 lbs. one obstacle is my grip strength. i'm going to look into how to train that a lil better later.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567