Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2009 2:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

?

Quote Originally Posted by jucedupp View Post
    Um this guy is so fake it is not even funny. Point in case, he advertises himself as Shihan in Aikido. Um, there are only like 10 (if that many) Aikido Shihan on the planet. A very small world. So here is a story I heard, somewhat shortened, and I can more or less attest to the truthfulness of this. So a local Cape Town Sandan (Third Dan) walks into Cave's Dojo. He asks for Cave. Another guy says he is Cave. The Sandan say b/s, I want to see Cave. Cave comes out from back and the Sandan asks him, could you please show me your Aikido certification from Hombu Dojo, Japan?

Cave says: "Um I forgot it at home but I can bring it in another time..." The Sandan smiles and says OK, please demonstrate Ukemi for me (simple forward breakfall), in response to which Cave does a bow. This from a Shihan in Aikido. The Sandan the demonstrates Ukemi and a couple of other things. Said Sandan then proceeds to demonstrate Aikido against Cave's best student on the floor and basically gives the floor a good cleaning with the guys ass.

He then further proceeds to take down O'Sensei's picture from the dojo wall and tells Cave that if he sees that portrait in that dojo again, he will be very very displeased indeed. He then writes his cellphone number on the wall, and says "If you want to learn true Aikido, phone me." The next week something like eight of Paul Cave's students join the Aikido school.

What I think should happen is all the real khali,muy tai, hapkido, kickboxing, knife, bjj etc etc teachers should also go to Cave's "School" and test his knowledge practically. I would especially love to see a couple of real MMA guys bust in there. By the way how does a guy, who recieved his goju ryu blackbelt from his dad, suddenly become a Shihan or 110th dan superhero in every fighting style on the planet? Does he drink the water that runs out of Koeberg?

In any case, any person with an iota of intelligence, who sees the guy getting out of that ridiculous van of his, and sees how he looks, will immediately know what he is dealing with. Or simply just look at his marketing material spred all around Cape Town. It is so full of bullsh*tttt, it looks like used toilet paper.

And anyone who says that Paul Cave and his buddy did anything for MMA, No Rules or even the good name of any martial art anywhere, is also full of it. This type of guy makes martial arts look like something for tappits and damduikers.

Just my 2c worth.
    very elaborate story....sounds a bit too far fetched.Anyway.....which dojo/gym did you meet paul cave at?? and how long ago??,cos never have i seen bad tempered,agressive,red in the face students in any of the dojos?and no one trains without their t shirts??.........but listening to you talk about Shihan Paul Cave,it sounds like you are one of those agressive,red in the face,veins popping out dudes.....and you are just infront of your computer??it sounds like you need to learn to channel your emotions possitively.Im guessing you have a personal issue with Paul Cave.Truth is we will never know wot happened??
    Just my 2c

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/29/2009 7:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony6662 View Post
    I see that fug also doesn't like PC. Wow.
    I haven't met him, but from reading this thread he and his school would seem to represent everything I hate about martial arts. My main teachers were champions and never raised their voices in anger. They were friendly, humble, and patient with students, and men who were great fighters. And like the teachers in every school I've ever worked out in or visited, they were completely up front about their lineage and accomplishments.

The BJJ people I've worked out under are similar types. The only rule in Westside BJJ here in Logan is to leave the ego at the door. From the skinny noob teen to the powerful skilled guys training for fights, just about everyone has a good attitude. And just like Hawaiian Kempo and Kyokushinkai, you get sweaty and try to wipe out the other guys, and not only remain friendly, you make better friends from the experience.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 8:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: GJJ Newbie / TKD Brown4

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kickassfighter

1. Taqa does not exist anymore for a year or longer. It was owned by a lady called Annien or something like that. The venue has since been sold. How can it be owned by Barnado & co? The fact that I will unequivocally stand by is that these guys claimed to be NMA instructors (Geez, I went there based on one of the flyers, man!)

2. As I said. The guy there SAID that he was one of Paul Cave's instructors. If this is not so, how come Paul Cave allows that?

3. If they have f*ckall to do with PC, how come they were displaying the NMA poster on the wall in their training area? How come, again, does PC or NMA not sort that out then? Do they want to be associated with them? Or do they just not care?

4. It still does not answer my query. WHERE IS PC's credentials? NOBODY wants to seem to want to answer that. And everytime I or someone else here or in Town asks for it, there is some excuse.

Kickassfighter, PAUL CAVE CLAIMS IN HIS MARKETING to be a Shihan. In which styles? Because any reasonable reading of his material looks like he is listing his credentials.

Can you tell me why the NMA and PC claims to be Shihan but cannot furnish recognised and respected credentials for all the styles he advertises in his marketing? Could you explain? Do you get what I am saying? He claims to be Shihan in Aikido etc etc etc etc, but the guy does not know the most basic, basic stuff about it. He has no certification that he can produce. Please, make it simple. Just show us the Shihan Certification in Aikido from Hombu in Tokyo or from the Ki Society. Because I promise you, not one of them has him certified as anything. Go find out for yourself. Now then, please tell me if this is the same with all the other styles he claims to be able to teach in. The only certification I have ever heard of this guy being able to produce is in Goju Ryu. Am I wrong? Please show me or please get him to remove those styles from his marketing. Isn't that honorable and fair and Bushido? Why is this such a sticking point? Why will nobody ante up?

Do you understand that it is offensive to claim to be SO ADEPT at a style that you can TEACH in it but then cannot provide credentials to that effect?

5. If you want to attack my points, attack ALL of them, please. Not just those you find vulnerable. The moment I see his credentials for ALL the art(S) he claims to be adept at, I promise you, as a fellow martial artist, I will apologise. Sincerely. And without reservation. Until then, Bullshido.

8. So what is it you want me to apologise for? The fact that I was led to believe that the guys at Taqa was under the NMA banner, with photos of PC and them together on the wall where they were getting dressed and posters on the wall and PC allows that? Or that I said that PC makes a Shihan claim on styles he does not have it on? Please clarify.

Regards

Jucedupp
    Last edited by jucedupp; 3/30/2009 8:43am at .

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 8:50am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kickassfighter - as a student of Paul Cave (or Paul Cave himself!) why haven't you answer with his credentials as requested? Because he is a fake and a fraud. Dont try to muddy the water with half truths - Ricco Hatting and Cave taught out of separate rooms in the Taqa building.

Now the mans been called out as a fake bjj instructor and a fake aikido instructor. I'm guessing hes got no qualifications to teach kali either. His marketing is bullshit and he should be exposed.

You want to defend your instructor? Smoke and mirrors isnt going to cut it - just answer this very very simple question - what qualifications has he got as an instructor in BJJ, aikido, or kali? We know the answer is none, otherwise you would have provided them a month ago.

F A K E .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 8:55am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I'm not sure how many MMA coaches call themselves shihan. Or wear karate gis.
    I know someone who does exactly this, and he is legit.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 9:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: GJJ Newbie / TKD Brown4

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Warwheel

I agree, there is nothing wrong with wearing a Gi. Saves on T-shirts. :)

Then for all who would like a measure of integrity: go here: http://www.kickboxing.co.za/

Look at the date. I guess now I know why we are always waiting for the credentials.

BeachCarl: I enjoy a logical mind. Thanks for summing that up so nicely.

Juced

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 10:21am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 10:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shihan Paul Cave never taught at Taqa. You are confusing him and Mike Bernado

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jucedupp View Post
    Warwheel

I agree, there is nothing wrong with wearing a Gi. Saves on T-shirts. :)

Then for all who would like a measure of integrity: go here: http://www.kickboxing.co.za/

Look at the date. I guess now I know why we are always waiting for the credentials.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. I was just saying that I know someone who teaches MMA, wears a Karate Gi to class, and is addressed as 'Shihan' by his students. And that he is a legit MMA fighter who has been in the big shows. I don't think doing any of those things is automatically grounds for suspicion.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 7:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You know, with a little work I could pass for Brigitte Bardot at age 17... At least for Bullshido martial artists.

So, where are PC's credentials? Paul Cave is a FAKE??? So, where are PC's credentials? Paul Cave is a FAKE??? So, where are PC's credentials? Paul Cave is a FAKE??? So, where are PC's credentials? Paul Cave is a FAKE???So, where are PC's credentials? Paul Cave is a FAKE??? So, where are PC's credentials? Paul Cave is a FAKE???So, where are PC's credentials? Paul Cave is a FAKE??? So, where are PC's credentials? Paul Cave is a FAKE???

NO! Say it ain't so!!!!

Here, perhaps this might help our understanding:

HERO:
    MARTIAL ARTIST:
    FAKE:
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 3/30/2009 7:56pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast