Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/26/2009 6:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.kickboxing.co.za/, Paul Cave's site is now down for "construction." And the next two links on Google are to Bullshido. Too bad it's down, I'm often up for email conversations with the good and the bad and the ugly.

It's too bad that bullshitters get by with it so much. I noted that when I Googled paul cave martial arts cape town a bunch of good looking schools were on the link lists, including KK. I'd wager that he does a bit more advertising than most.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 3/26/2009 6:33pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2009 1:30am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the class you are referring to, yes, one of Paul Cave's instructors was there and I did talk to him about the school beforehand. I did also see how the class was conducted. So, no I do not simply suck it out of my arse. I have seen many classes in many arts and I know the difference between the instruction in solid technique and the promotion of senseless anger and violence. The one guy was actually sitting there, red in the face, his veins popping out, going "Grrrr, I am so f-ing aggro..." before the class even started, and the teacher was doing nothing to redirect the guy's aggression, in fact as the class progressed, the guy was only getting more aggro. No skill. Just aggression. This pisses me off to no end, as you can probably see.

WOW I am so shocked, like i cant believe this, jeese! And the instructor guys or guy or what ever they were were they like brownbelts/black belts like Gary and James? Did they like introduce themselves to you or something? Coz when i started reading the beginning of the thread they said that the guy was so rude he didnt give his name or something?!? :5eek:

Why do you think other martial arts places allow this to happen? Isnt there like a government (or governing body) that can tell them to stop?

In regards to Jiu Jitsu, you are unlikely to meet Mr. Gracie, as the originator of Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Mr Helio Gracie, is sadly no longer alive. Gracie Jiu Jitsu is Brazillian Jiu Jitsu based on a more street-fighting orientation, rather than sport or competition jiu jitsu. His sons, grandsons, nephews etc, do still travel the world and one of them is coming to the Academy next month from Brazil, I think. But the Gracies are all in the US and Brazil etc. The guys you have to speak to locally are Gary or James on 0861 472243. And they are oficially recognised as the GJJ instructors in Cape Town Area.

WHAT!!!! A Gracie!!!! Wow u guys are so lucky man! Ok and you said i could just ask Gary or James? Tell me when i phone them do i just say hello Gary or hello James? Mustnt we like call them something? Thanks so much hey i really appreciate ur help so so much... Ive never been so excited about something in my life!!!! And tell me the Gracie coming here do you know when he is coming????

:qgreenjum

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2009 1:32am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug View Post
    http://www.kickboxing.co.za/, Paul Cave's site is now down for "construction." And the next two links on Google are to Bullshido. Too bad it's down, I'm often up for email conversations with the good and the bad and the ugly.

It's too bad that bullshitters get by with it so much. I noted that when I Googled paul cave martial arts cape town a bunch of good looking schools were on the link lists, including KK. I'd wager that he does a bit more advertising than most.

You right hey!!! Wow... why though do you guys know?:cry:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2009 3:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: GJJ Newbie / TKD Brown4

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Pony

Yes, Ryron Gracie is coming to the academy in April. Yes just call them James or Gary. These guys don't need titles. Everyone respects tham anyway, irrespective of title :)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2009 4:16am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You still didnt tell me about these PC instructors what they look like! LOL... I see that fug also doesnt like PC. Wow.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2009 4:22am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pony

I cannot for the life of me remember what they looked like. Thick necks, moerse attitude, short haircuts, Muy Tai type pants, no shirts, all bullshit. They did however have a picture of PC and them on the wall and he did say he was an instructor in PC's school. Why does it matter, anyway?

Cheers

Juced

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2009 6:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im just intrested... dont care... anyway... enough about that, tell me more about GJJ'steahers what belts do they have? And do they like give you belts when? How does it work before you get another belt? Do they go according to how fast you learn or like a specific time?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2009 6:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You got me really excited about this hahaha sorry once again for all the questions... lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2009 6:30am

Style: BJJ/GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony6662 View Post
    Im just intrested... dont care... anyway... enough about that, tell me more about GJJ'steahers what belts do they have? And do they like give you belts when? How does it work before you get another belt? Do they go according to how fast you learn or like a specific time?
    Hi Pony, Gary here from Gracie Jiu Jitsu Cape Town. Thanks for your interest in the club. To answer your questions...

Here's info on myself & the other instructor James - http://www.graciejiujitsu.co.za/default.asp?pageid=2404 . There's more discussion on belts earlier in this thread.

BJJ/GJJ Belts - these are well respected in the martial arts world, and it depends on how often you train, your aptitude, and ability. Generally white to black is about 8-10 years. We give stripes on the white belt to indicate experience, and the first coloured belt (blue) generally takes 15 to 24 months.

I hope you find this useful - feel free to contact us if you've got any more questions, or want to do a free intro.

Cheers,

Gary.

0861-472243

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2009 7:28am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And there you go. From the instructor.

Cheers