Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2009 10:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Join a team. You get to work out for free, and if you get good at it you'll get a letter on your jacket. The letter doesn't stand for "Virgin".

This thread gives me an erection. A massive erection.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/08/2009 11:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Lamb
    Also, I think (maybe somebody will second me on this) that inclined and wide-grip bench or pushups (with feet on the stairs) will build the muscle in the upper and outer parts of the pecs, so the muscle increase might not push the manboobs straight out but help flatten them instead. Don't quote me on that crap. It's just a theory.
    You might be able to target pectoralis major and minor separately. You might even be able to target the clavicular (upper) and sternal (lower) heads of the pectoralis major separately. But I'd be amazed if you could train one end of any given muscle (including the pec) without training the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 12:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading through this again.....what exactly are you eating, btw?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 8:44pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    You might be able to target pectoralis major and minor separately. You might even be able to target the clavicular (upper) and sternal (lower) heads of the pectoralis major separately. But I'd be amazed if you could train one end of any given muscle (including the pec) without training the other.

Thanks for considering my theory.

My knowledge of anatomy is clearly inferior to yours, so I went to the Wikipedia to see if I could catch up a bit and clarify:

If you could target the clavicular head of the pectoralis major, then you wouldn't grow the muscle under the manboob (which looks to be the sternocostal head). The clavicular head originates in the clavicle and inserts into the humerus, running diagonally above the nipple - above where manboob fat seems to droop out. So the clavicular head would grow, but the sternocostal head would not, making the manboob look smaller than it did before. And maybe, the skin would stretch a bit, further flattening the manboob fat.

What do you think? Possible?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 9:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for considering my theory.

My knowledge of anatomy is clearly inferior to yours, so I went to the Wikipedia to see if I could catch up a bit and clarify
    Nah, I just look stuff up on ExRx and Wikipedia.

If you could target the clavicular head of the pectoralis major, then you wouldn't grow the muscle under the manboob (which looks to be the sternocostal head). The clavicular head originates in the clavicle and inserts into the humerus, running diagonally above the nipple - above where manboob fat seems to droop out. So the clavicular head would grow, but the sternocostal head would not, making the manboob look smaller than it did before. And maybe, the skin would stretch a bit, further flattening the manboob fat.

What do you think? Possible?
    I'm looking at the ExRx movement lists for the two heads, and it looks like the only movement that the clavicular head is involved in that the sternocostal head isn't is shoulder flexion.

So it might be possible to build a bigger clavicular head without enlarging the sternocostal head... but I'm trying to picture what it'd look like, and my conclusion is "pretty weird". If you look at pictures like this, you can see the division between the two heads, and it's a lot higher up than the nipple.

I figure his best bet is to keep up the fat-burning (HIIT FTW) and wait it out. And he shouldn't avoid doing chest work for vanity's sake, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234