MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    1/29/2009 3:43pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrebel
    At around 1.50 - knees etc are introduced. So basically "real aikido" looks like very crappy low contact kickboxing with wristlocks introduced and no clinch game knowledge. I'm duly impressed.
    To be fair, this is the second-best Aikido I've ever seen, after this guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[yt]R797LamA3Vw

Anyway, I think it's interesting how the sparring in the other aikido ended up looking like kyokushin/enshin without the headkicks.
    It's also interesting to note at how much effort they were putting into applying the joint throws which are signature of aikido, and how little success they had; there was a lot of frustrated pulling at arms trying to get them away from the body.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2009 3:57pm

Style: hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrebel
    At around 1.50 - knees etc are introduced. So basically "real aikido" looks like very crappy low contact kickboxing with wristlocks introduced and no clinch game knowledge. I'm duly impressed.
    I dont think this vid is showing real akido guys. real akido was developed by a european guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 5:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so I've been registered for a while but never posted or visited this site that much. As somebody who has trained the "Real Aikido" at some point in his life I will answer any and all questions about it.

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 5:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Real Aikido is founded by a Serbian guy,Ljubomir Vracarevic.I heard he has quite a lot of Judo/Ju jitsu expirience,and I heard some good things about him.

I think my coach was his uke on a seminar,so I will ask him.

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 5:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rasha = Raša? :D

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasha View Post
    Ok, so I've been registered for a while but never posted or visited this site that much. As somebody who has trained the "Real Aikido" at some point in his life I will answer any and all questions about it.

How long and hard did you have to suck your sensei's dick every day?

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 5:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How long do you train in BJJ?Did you find your previous Aikido training useful?
    Was there sparring or competitions or its only compliant drills?How does it differ from standard Aikido?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 6:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like you still have to wear those stupid fucking pants once you attain black belt status.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 7:02pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few things. Ljubomir Vracarevic's martial arts background has been disputed more than once. I don't think he really is that big and expert in Traditional Ju Jutsu or Judo. I think he does have a first dan rank in Judo, but not more than that. Even his Aikido background is a matter of discussion...

Funny thing is he did not automatically give him self the 10th dan when he decided to call his art Real Aikido, he was promoted gradually from I think 3rd or 4th dan by a panel of Real Aikido masters (i.e. his students). He had public promotions where he would give demonstrations in which he handle ten attackers at once and such... He did this until 9th dan, than he decided to get involved with some kind of Martial Arts Hall of Fame an saw that most guys there have 10th dan so he decided he should also be 10th dan...

As far as the art itself goes I never saw any significant difference from traditional Aikido. We did pre-defined drills and used the almighty wristlock. There were a few useful things like seoi nage or escaping some holds, freeing your hands from wrist control and such. But vast majority of it was useless, and all the useful stuff was also taught in other MAs I did. Later on while doing BJJ I spared with few Real Aikido guys that knew Judo basics but nothing special.

I know that Vracarevic has some serious things in his resume like training bodyguards for people that really need them, but I must admit I don't know that much about what he taught them.

I haven't that proper BJJ in a gi for a while. It's been more than six years since I started doing BJJ/Sub wrestling/MMA.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 7:17pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasha View Post
    he decided to get involved with some kind of Martial Arts Hall of Fame
    Is there any martial arts “hall of fame” that isn’t garbage?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast