Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 3:57pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update: Typing with just my left hand. I am now back at home after a so-far successful Subacromial Decompression. http://www.eorthopod.com/public/pati..._syndrome.html

When I came too I was so happy to hear that there was no tendon damage, even though he had to remove more bone than he originally thought.

I was informed that I could move the arm as much as pain would allow - so I will not be temporarily crippled like in a rotator cuff repair. Still lookin at a couple months without really rolling (vs. 6-8 months for RC repair!). :-)

I am only coherent right now because my right shoulder is still totally numb from the nerve blocker they gave me. I will have to start munching meds tonight when it wears off. I am told to expect a lot of pain. Not surprising since they dremmeled off about 1cm of bone. Right now I am just so happy that I can think about rehab instead of what to do with myself for 8 months.

Thanks for everyone's support.

Just a warning -I will probably be pestering y'all over the next several weeks trying to leach rehab ideas ... :))

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 4:06pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great to hear it went well and that there was just a removal and no repairs were needed.

Stay on top of the meds too. Don't let the pain get ahead of you. Pain from surgery sucks because it just feels like you're sore all over. The breathing tube irritation was the worst for me. My throat was sore and I had a case of the hiccups that lasted for 4 hours the next day.

When you get to rehab, just make sure you stick with it. I sound like a broken record when I write and say this over and over, but personal experience drives me to be annoyingly repetitive in this regard.

OK... I'm done. No more preaching. Good luck!

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 4:10pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihonto
    Update: Typing with just my left hand. I am now back at home after a so-far successful Subacromial Decompression. http://www.eorthopod.com/public/pati..._syndrome.html

When I came too I was so happy to hear that there was no tendon damage, even though he had to remove more bone than he originally thought.

I was informed that I could move the arm as much as pain would allow - so I will not be temporarily crippled like in a rotator cuff repair. Still lookin at a couple months without really rolling (vs. 6-8 months for RC repair!). :-)

I am only coherent right now because my right shoulder is still totally numb from the nerve blocker they gave me. I will have to start munching meds tonight when it wears off. I am told to expect a lot of pain. Not surprising since they dremmeled off about 1cm of bone. Right now I am just so happy that I can think about rehab instead of what to do with myself for 8 months.

Thanks for everyone's support.

Just a warning -I will probably be pestering y'all over the next several weeks trying to leach rehab ideas ... :))
    Congrats all the way! Glad to hear there was no damage beyond the spur. Now just baby it for a few months and you're good to go. I know I have the habit of knocking down some pain meds, forgetting I'm injured, and starting to work out. So make sure your SO is around to keep you on the couch no matter how good you feel.>:)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123