Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 2:08am

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    mate, you need to do some digging around before you just pop up with a thread. some of that info (i.e. the BJJ stuff) is quite easily verifiable. im reporting this as a **** topic, you cant start an investigation based on a guess. find something concrete.
    Mate. I didn't call bullshit on the BJJ information
    I did my digging around
    not to mention I've already done a small handful of fairly successful investigations in my short time here.
    I'm well aware of how it works.

Finally,
    investigations or inquiries based on red flags happen all the damn time. I'm simply asking for details and/or clarification on his OTHER credentials not his BJJ.

How do you get a Black Belt in Kung Fu? how do you get a black belt in weaponry of all things? japanese weaponry? Assault Rifles? Bombs?

and I'm curious about his FMA credentials given that its my primary interest.

Finally,
    I'm convinced, mate, that you are unable to read. as I've said his BJJ credentials are legitimate and I even was the first one to find them on this thread.

and some other more moderates may think I'm nitpicking at someone who may or may not be using mcdojo'ish marketing tactics. (padding resume, etc)

I just feel that even those marketing tactics are unnecessary. skill, full disclosure about credentials and good teaching ability are stronger foundations to build on
    Last edited by variance; 9/24/2009 2:15am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 6:14am

Style: JKD and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    variance you raise great questions, I hope you don't mind that I point out it would have made more sense to include all of what you uncovered and what you found skeptical in the initial posting. It just sort of seemed like you called this guy out without looking into things, which I now see is not the case.

Hopefully Rick won't mind a mature and rational dialogue on here to answer some of your questions and clarify things. :-)

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 8:19am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Shrug: His bio looks similar to mine. You must suck Rick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 7:14pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    *Shrug: His bio looks similar to mine. You must suck Rick.
    difference being that most everything there is verifiable via google-fu fairly easily. and your bio lacks seminar fluff. and is mostly substance by accomplishments. It is also rather precise and detailed detailing when/who awarded what. ie. no "Blackbelt in Weaponry"

Difference between Rick and Omega's bios.

* Specific details about each title/belt/accomplishment. (i.e. not just TKD but whether it was ITF, WTF, etc.)
    * Omega lacks belts that look questionable i.e. (Black belt in Weaponry)
    * One appears to be fast and loose with the details on what should be the halo accomplishments yet incredibly detailed on naming every single instructor and includes arts he's also trained without any details on the actual length of training. The other bothers with what he's actually achieved formal levels of recognition in.

and yeah. I'm admittedly being a bit of a zealot. If there's a Bullshido.net equivalent of a Grammar Nazi. perhaps I'm being a Bio Nazi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2010 3:48am

Style: Japanese Russian American

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rick sensei is a very good martial artist with a heart of gold. He has a great deal of experience and runs a very nice school here in the Dallas area.
    I'm sure it is a miss understanding because I am well known for teaching the Traditiobal Japanese warrior arts as well as other systems of martial arts here in the Dallas area, but Rick sensei did not train with me in the system of Togakure ryu ninpo taijutsu or as it states ninjutsu. He trained with me in a Japanese Traditional system called "Kukishin ryu" hanbojutsu as well as some JunFan and Kali before he opened his school as a student of another teacher.
    I was never Rick sensei teacher but a friend who helped him on his journey.
    Thank you,
    Ralph Severe
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12