Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/03/2009 11:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gets a black eye, returns to opponent's home with knife

If this is stretching the definition of the News forum, let me know.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a...EWS05/90130013

January 30, 2009

New Paltz man arrested for weapon posession

A New Paltz man was arrested early this morning for criminal possession of a weapon after a 911 caller reported that a drunk man was trying to break into an apartment at 31 Church Street in New Paltz.

Ulster County Sheriff’s Deputies and New Paltz Police said they found Daniel H. Falco, 21, of Front Street, standing by an upstairs apartment around 5 a.m. They took him into custody and found him to be in possession of a knife.

An investigation revealed that Falco had gotten a black eye from a fight earlier that night. He had gone to 31 Church Street in an attempt to find the person responsible for his injury, police said.

Falco was arrested for criminal possession of a weapon in the 4th degree, a class a misdemeanor. He was released to the custody of his father.

He will appear at the New Paltz Court on Feb. 9 at 5 p.m.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's technically no martial arts in this, but hear me out. This is my hometown, and this Falco character seems to be a frat boy from literally next door to my dojo. http://www.tkenewpaltz.org/bropros/p...php?scroll=186

The article says "Front street", they mean "North Front Street," where my dojo and the frathouse are side-by-side. Our Friday night classes often have musical accompaniment near the end.

I find it disturbing that this kind of behavior seems to be common--get in a brawl, go home for superior firepower--and also that the charge seems to be fairly conservative considering the circumstances. http://law.onecle.com/new-york/penal...01_265.01.html (which also says it's identical to the law that forbids nunchaku...great...) and other sources suggest that the penalty is 1-4 years (not small--but will it get reduced to a fine or probation in court?). What about the attempted break-in? What about what he intended to do once he confronted the guy--assault? Is there not enough evidence? What a crappy situation.

This tweaks my "don't get into barfights even if you win" nerve, as well as my "law and order" nerve.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    2/03/2009 11:45am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2
    This tweaks my "don't get into barfights even if you win" nerve, as well as my "law and order" nerve.
    I backed down from someone at the bus stop in front of my house the other day, in this case a fat 20 yr old girl. Never fight someone who knows where you live.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!