Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Master
    Tom, you are not a mind reader, are you ? knock off the b.s. with your ad hominum accusations.
    It does not take a mind reader to recognize someone trying to convince themselves their life as they know it is over when the reality is quite different.

It also does not take a mind reader to recognize you don't know what "ad hominem" means.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 11:42am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey tom, i'm not trying to convince myself of anything. i went to to the doctor because training was having a very unsettling effect on me. i would love to continue martial arts. i've been doing ma, off and on, since i was in 7th grade. if i can find a way to continue, i will. but as of now, it's not looking good.
    as far as swimming goes, the last fitness club i was a member at had an indoor pool. most of the people that used it were seniors who did slow lap swimming. nothing anarobic aobut it.

if i was wanting to just quit ma all together, i wouldn't be discussing the possiblity of doing a softer style. i would be saying "k guyz it was teh fun, thanks for the mammeries". but that's not the case. i actually had a lot of plans for my work with martial arts in the coming years.

i know others on this board have health issues as well, but i can't speak for them. all i know is that my instinct says to go with the doctor's opinion because i am a banker and used to be a social worker. nothing in that fits the qualifications of a doctor.

but before you go passing judgement on me, maybe you should try to understand that this is quite dificult for me, and i'm preparing myself for the worst and weighing all my options pending getting a second opinion.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rask
    Sorry to hear that dude, I can't imagine how I would feel if I was told that I had to quit MA. Good luck with the Tai Chi or whatever you end up doing; make sure you stay around here.
    yeah, no matter what the next doctor says and what not, i'll be around here. i enjoy this forum to much to just abandon it. besides, i can still help out with any missouri bullshido investigations.

and ninja_master, thanks for trying to help, but seriously dude, i quit playing ninja when i was in elementry school. you aren't helping out any.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 11:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...classy. Real classy. This thread somehow shifted from doctors not knowing anything, to you not knowing anything.

I, for one, have nothing but full confidence in your ability to make the right decision for yourself.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 12:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo
    hey tom, i'm not trying to convince myself of anything. i went to to the doctor because training was having a very unsettling effect on me. i would love to continue martial arts. i've been doing ma, off and on, since i was in 7th grade. if i can find a way to continue, i will. but as of now, it's not looking good.
    as far as swimming goes, the last fitness club i was a member at had an indoor pool. most of the people that used it were seniors who did slow lap swimming. nothing anarobic aobut it.

if i was wanting to just quit ma all together, i wouldn't be discussing the possiblity of doing a softer style. i would be saying "k guyz it was teh fun, thanks for the mammeries". but that's not the case. i actually had a lot of plans for my work with martial arts in the coming years.

i know others on this board have health issues as well, but i can't speak for them. all i know is that my instinct says to go with the doctor's opinion because i am a banker and used to be a social worker. nothing in that fits the qualifications of a doctor.

but before you go passing judgement on me, maybe you should try to understand that this is quite dificult for me, and i'm preparing myself for the worst and weighing all my options pending getting a second opinion.
    Yes, a doctor is far more knowledgeable then the layman in matters such as these, however they are human and the prevailing wisdom is still the same:

go to another doctor for a second opinion.

It won't hurt. After you get that second opinion, go back to your first doctor, whom you trusted because he was a ringside physician and discuss his and the other doctor's findings.

Then lay out your plan of taking up a minimal contact martial art for health and fitness reasons.

The doctor is going to have your best interests at heart.....after his, of course.

He is going to cover his ass legally in the event you go throw on the gloves and have a good couple rounds of sparring, keel over and your family sues him saying "WELL NOBODY TOLD HIM!!"

Just like, in the banking industry, you can't loan money to someone you know damned well can't pay it back, the doctor will take the most cautious path out there.

If you tell him, "Listen, what is the physical difference between swimming and Aikido, or Tai Chi, or another low-impact martial art.....and I ain't gonna get hit."

He can lay that out, where as a blanket "No Martial Arts" is the ass-coverer.

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 12:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo

Did you even ask the doctor why he said to stop MA and take up swimming? Does he even know how to swim well?

A doctor is a consultant on your health, not the arbiter. You tell them what you want to do. It's the doctor's job to figure out how to make it happen, health wise.

Or, while you wait to die, you could just sit back let the doctor dictate what you should do instead of how to get where YOU want to go.

I know exactly what you are going through and why you think it's difficult. The taste of your own mortality is quite nasty. It sucks, but you have to down it. So, get over it.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 1/28/2009 12:08pm at .

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    ATTN TOM KAGAN

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 12:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus
    ...classy. Real classy. This thread somehow shifted from doctors not knowing anything, to you not knowing anything.

I, for one, have nothing but full confidence in your ability to make the right decision for yourself.
    This has nothing to do with what white_kimbo knows or does not know.

Sometimes people need a slap in the face while you yell "SNAP OUT OF IT" in order to break them out of their shock of the moment.

ATTN TOM KAGAN

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 12:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *slap*

Don't listen to your anything your doctor says, ever, and I know what you're really thinking better than you do so stop it!

Bullshit. He's a big boy, he can take care of himself.

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 12:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus
    Bullshit. He's a big boy, he can take care of himself.

Yes, he's a big boy and can take care of himself. That's what makes his deference to a doctor's authority and no one else calling him on the emo crap so laughable.

ATTN TOM KAGAN

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 12:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He needs to get a second and third opinion. He needs to find out exactly what is going on. Is it the contact levels, is it he workout, is it the cardio end?

What exactly makes the Doctor say No More MA? When I read the OP it sounded strange because, I was a swimmer.

So, my point of reference is different, WTF he can swim but can't do MA? How bad is this ****?
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast