Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2009 9:35pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I'd be interested in a description and video. Increased lung capacity can't be a bad thing.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    2/01/2009 4:02pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    unofficial results of blood work are hypoglycemia, not diabetic, very high risk for adult onset diabetes due to family history and what not. a third doctor has now agreed with the thalassemia diagnosis. i was told that i can hold off the diabities for my whole life with proper diet and exercise, but not to be surprised if i do develop it in the next 10-15 years.

doctor gave me lots of info on diet and exercise. more carbs and more red meat. eat 5 times a day in smaller amounts. i have to work out differently than i would like, but that's ok. i can still do TKD, but once again, i have been strongly suggested to find a "softer" style or take up something like cardio box or step aerobics. i know, ghey. but, the docs did give me info on safely training TKD and keeping point sparring in, but under no circumstances do they want me doing full contact or submission grappling. we'll see about the last part later though.

i also asked about frog breathing. he said that i can do it if i want, it wont do any harm. i mentioned hedgy swearing by it. his response was that if different factors lined up right, then the small gains made by frog breathing could be noticeable in some people, but not most.

so, thank you to everybody who was positive and encouraging. i will continue training and taking care of myself. special thanks to sochin101 and hedgy. you guys rock.

EDIT: in addition to scuba diving being a banned activity, they also said snow skiing and sky diving were out of the question as well. doesn't matter though. haven't been scuba diving in years and don't plan on it. last time i went snow skiing i broke my knee and decided i had enough of that, and i don't think i want to hurl myself towards the ground when i'm in a perfectly good airplane.
    Last edited by omoplatypus; 2/01/2009 4:38pm at .
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    2/01/2009 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What he's probably thinking of is the glossopharyngeal breathing that's used by those with muscular dystrophy, not the TC/VMA technique I use.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    2/02/2009 7:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good for you, WK. I know you can't keep going the way you were, but at least you can continue to train in some capacity. Glad you kept after it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    2/02/2009 7:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks feryk, i've been talking with friends and decided on some different goals in MA for the coming year. just as challenging, but different.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314