Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/26/2009 7:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Shorin-Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

D.S.G.B Combat Sports (Chip Coffey BJJ)

DSGB Combat Sports is an excellent, newly remodeled school currently containing 75 Zebra mats, three 7.5-8' hanging heavy bags, a GnP dummy and a grappling dummy with more equipment coming very soon. The instructor is Chip Coffey who is a genuinely awesome guy with amazing athletic ability and a true passion for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Classes begin promptly every night and continue for 1.5-2 hours. Warm ups are about 20 mins followed by stretching for about 15. We drill technique for about 30 min with close attention and instruction from Chip and we usually go over 3-4 techniques per night. Chip tries to give us different techniques almost every night and takes great effort to show practical application of the technique and to give explanation of what works when and why. Finally, we spar at the end of class for about 30 min. Rounds are usually 7 min with a partner of Chip's choosing considering size, strength, skill, and desire to compete. An hour long MMA training session has also been added twice a week that trains striking, wrestling, and clinch and is an extra $100 per year (yes per year, not per month.) Competition is a big thing at this school but no one is required to compete or to roll with someone who does compete and spars more aggresively. At the 2008 NAGA Georgia Championship, Chip took 11 competitors and brought home 14 gi and no gi medals. Chip Coffey is currently a brown belt under 2 time World Jiu Jitsu champion Roberto "Spider" Traven.
    Last edited by GO-GO-GOGOPLATA; 2/04/2009 3:44pm at . Reason: misinformation

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 10:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Coffeybjj.com

I would have to strongly agree with GO GO, D.S.G.B Combat Sports is a top notch place to train. Chip Coffey is a great instructor through and through with his MMA, Judo, and of course Jiu-jitsu techniques. Chip has formed a very competitive school that is built around POSITIVE work ethic, POSITIVE attitudes, and TRUE mat time. I highly recommend DSGB Combat Sports/Coffeybjj to any person seeking to learn or to better oneself in the combat sports world.

Check out Coffeybjj.com for more Info!!

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 11:03pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haven't trained at the school but I have been in class with Chip before. the guy's a beast and actually has a pro mma fight coming up (or so I've been told). expect top notch jiu-jitsu if you train here.

*and of course I'll ride his nuts because I train under Traven too
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

Posted On:
    1/29/2009 3:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Chip is the man to see.

I live in one of Georgia's biggest towns yet I drive to Chip's small hometown an hour and 15 minutes each way once to twice a week just to train with Chip. I shopped around for a BJJ instructor for months until I found him. I've never seen a better instructor and have never been around anyone who loves BJJ so much. He believes it is for everyone, as long as they have the desire to learn. No matter what your goal, from competition, to self defense, to learning BJJ as the art that it is, Chip will make it happen. Prior injuries, for example, are not a problem; he'll work around them. Or if you're not flexible, he'll help you work on that while adapting techniques so that they work with your body. Plus, the guy has cross-trained in all different kinds of striking and grappling styles for MMA. Watch for even bigger things from this guy in the future. He's what martial arts are all about.