Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2009 12:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shohei~Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shohei Ryu/ Uechi Ryu

Hold kid classes starting at 5 yrs old. In class free sparring, point fighting, once a week and have special sparring class for those 14 yrs and older with green belt or higher. Medium to hard contact sparring with minimal gear, full speed timed matches without points in my other sparring class. Other class is for sparring only with technique drills. Most of us only use hand pads/ punches. Other padding can be worn at any time. During tournament times we use full gear. We do bag work on a heavy bag, 2 bag stands, speed bag, and headache bag. Along with our iron-body conditioning, we use the makiwara, a single-arm modified wooden dummy, "The Knot" ( a very old huge mesquite knot ), iron hammers, kettle bells, tornado ball, and the rock pot. We have several different board breaking practices. We have 2 man bunkai and kumite drills, full speed with contact brown belt and above. We use mats for different training exercises because we do use toss throws and leg catch throws. Dont have any grappling or ground work classes but hope to add them in the future with a judo or JJ class if an instructor can be found close in my area. I hold a weapons class on Saturdays and hold a Tournament class on Friday. We have just recently began broadening our weapons training by training under Devorah Yoshiko Demetrich, of the Ryukyu Kobudo Hozon Shinko Kai. My dojo is small but practical and practice outside with a bigger class, depending on the weather. Check out my web page to see pictures and other info.
    Last edited by SenseiTucker; 3/11/2009 10:17am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 7:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Okinawan Karate/Kobudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey
    I teach Uechi Ryu in upper michigan I looked your website over and it looks good. I was with James Thompson for quite a long time and now train else where. Great to hear of another traditional Okinawan budo player on this form.