Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678
    Minot AFB, ND
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained at an ATA TKD place for damn near 8 years, from age 9 to 17. There were at least 2 instructors there that, even looking back on what I know now of fighting, were legimiately badass and I'm sure would handle themselves just fine in a fight. One specifically had a background in Muay Thai, and would go to any grappling seminar he could and come back and show us what he learned. However, I did not become a badass by association with them, and a lot of the stuff I learned wasn't very useful when I started training Muay Thai or Boxing.

You can train ATA and be a good fighter, but generally not because you trained ATA.
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

MCMAP, Judo, sex appeal
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp
    Actually lots of people got broken arms with it in Judo, until they banned it.

I submit most people do not know how to put it on correctly. Ask Moose about the Sushi bar experience of yesterday.

I have used it often, and it is much easier to get than wristlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    Oh McClaw, Waki Gatame is not low percentage.

See, i thought it was. I thought, "oh wow, thats a silly gimmicky type move...Surely it'd never work"

Out to sushi, with my Uncle, mom and Dad and what not, i ask my Uncle, "Hey, whats the deal with Waki Gatame? It doesn't seem very secure at all"

Can you guess what happened next? I got Waki motherfucking Gatame'd, and let me tell you, there was no escape. None. At. All.

Apparently you have to clamp your elbow, hell if i know, it just hurt.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Carson WA.
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    A Lexus.
    The things I do 4 you!1199758521_alexis-amore.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678