Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 6:34am

Style: diet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

what is considered high fat?

having recently discovered a lot of my chest pain problems in the past were a result from GERD (reflux disease) i'm now trying to avoid 'high fat' meals as they are one of the culprits that causes it (reflux). however i'm wondering how much fat can there be in a meal before it is considered 'high fat' ? does anyone know this?

recently i've been trying to get 10-15 grams of GOOD fats in each of my meals (like from avocados and nuts, etc) but is 15 grams too much for each meal?

if anyone could tell me that would be great.

thanks.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 12:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to give you two non-answers that probably won't be especially helpful, so I apologize in advance for their non-helpfulness.

1) If someone has actually demonstrated that "high fat" meals cause/aggravate GERD, they must have used a particular definition for "high fat". Find out what definition they used.
    2) Keep track of how much fat is in each of your meals and when/how badly you suffer from GERD. If you find that things are appreciably worse above a certain amount of fat per meal/amount of non-fat food/day, that's somewhere to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 11:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As TheRuss stated, it is really up to you to determine how much fat it too much. You can take in anywhere form about 45-78 grams a fat a day. So if you eat 3-5 meals a day, you are within the limits.

This is just a rough guide and the best advice would be to ask a doctor.
    Good luck and hope this helps.