Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 1:23pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sifu Lee's style is known as Tong Kune Do, and he resides in Wareemba. His email addy is lawrencelee2412@hotmail.com.

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 1:30pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by faybio
    Tszyu is having financial difficulties, so the talk of a comeback has been around for a while. However, nothing has materialized as of yet, and the chances remain slim that he steps back into the ring.

As far as training in a MA as a youth: unlikely. Tszyu began boxing at a young age (preteen), and he impressed immediately. As was typical at the time, he was grouped with other promising boxers, and they all trained for up to 300 days annually. Tszyu trained this way for years, which left little time for any other MA training.

During Tszyu's time in the Soviet military, he was classified as an elite athlete, meaning he was not required to participate in combat. He trained his boxing with other elite boxers. The Soviets didn't cross train their athletes; specialization was the order of the day.
    I could have sworn I heard something about him kickboxing but I could be wrong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 8:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This exchange is excerpted from the linked video's comment section:

It's a little puzzling because gabrielwall is YouTube - Ave Maria- Gabriel Wall, not Lawrence Lee.

I've asked BondBomber to share his experience here.

Posted On:
    2/05/2009 9:41pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We should talk more about tszyu!

Posted On:
    3/06/2009 11:56am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I would reply here since a lot of people will try and talk crap about Lawrence especially since this is Bullshido and you all smell a rat :) Bear in mind though that you are only speculating on what he must be like.

I know a lot about Lawrence Lee. I have trained with him and he lives about 20 mins from me. What do you want to know?

I will clear up what I can.

1. The youtube clip was just a little ad they did years ago. It was just meant to be catchy and they did it themselves.

2. When Lawrence talks about UFO's he doesn't mean literally! You need to speak to him and he explains all of this. He also talks about Nuclear Weapons too. He doesn't have any nukes! What he means is if you can't see it coming it's unidentified right? Also a Nuke is what he means by an unstoppable move resulting in a knockout. It is set up then BANG! Nuke. See?

3. He did train Kostya for a long time. Mainly in Iron Palm training to protect his hands. Kostya is actually an advanced student of this. Also improved his boxing.

4. As far as his expertise goes I will say he is simply amazing to see in action. I wish you could see him in person to fully appreciate the speed and power he makes.

5. He is also VERY scientific. Everything is explained in a rational and scientific way. Everything is effective or as he likes to say "it goes in the bin"

Hope this helps and ignore that BS post above. Lawrence has lived in the same place for ages and he is NOT hard to find.

Any questions I will try and answer as long as they are sensible.

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 1:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here you go.

www.lawrencelee.com.au

Any questions just let me know!

Posted On:
    3/13/2009 7:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The site went down today to be updated. Will be back soon!
  8. Pappi

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 10:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I knew Lawrence Lee

A true martial artist doesn't waste his time trashing others - unless they are frauds or dangerous in other respects. Lawrence Lee always conducted himself with true respect.

I don't represent myself as any sort of "authority" despite 73 years actively engaged in fighting arts of many varieties. Starting at age 13 when I won silver in the Ontario Wresting Championships, my life in martial arts has been a continuous learning process. I am still learning.

I have no need to proclaim whatever belts, degrees or awards bestowed over the decades. The masters that I have had the great privilege and honor to train with and all that I have learned from is my only distinction and one that is personal and private..

I knew trained with, taught and also learned a great deal from Lawrence over a 5 years-span, from '80 to '85. He was always respectful of others, always creative and innovative, highly skilled and in my opinion truly merited the title of "Master". As such, he was, in my opinion - as a teacher - and based on may long experience, was one of the very best.

It is my sad task to inform that Lawrence passed away on Monday, July 2. He will be greatly missed by those who actually knew him personally and had the priceless opportunity to train under a true Master. May the Almighty bless him and all those who mourn.

Pappi

Posted On:
    7/05/2012 10:54pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I offer my condolences to his friends and family.

I did actually know Lawrence personally, having trained under him at one stage at Seven Hills, then later at his home around Concord (? from memory). I started this thread not long after joining this forum in 2009 and since then I have learned more about martial arts that has changed my viewpoint of the training I received under him. This opinion still stands regardless of his death, however, I will keep it and the experiences I had with him to myself out of respect for the deceased, as they were not harmful to my knowledge.

RIP Lawrence Lee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    7/06/2012 6:19am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappi View Post
    A true martial artist doesn't waste his time trashing others - unless they are frauds or dangerous in other respects.
    Welcome to Bullshido. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast