• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/26/2009 7:14am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, MMA and Kids Jiu-Jitsu Style: Boxing, Mom-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    You have 2 1/2 hours until practice? Eat whatever you want!

I don't get it but it seems a lot of people have the same issue. I've downed a bag of potato chips an hour before class (the big ones, 7 servings, at 150 cal a serving= 1,050 calories yay!) and had no problems.

EDIT: Not advocating chips as a valid preworkout snack BTW.
    Damn, you sound like my husband! CdnPaddy is a certified junk-food addict, and yet he remains at an absolutely cut 155 pounds. I figured out last night that his favorite snack - an entire bag of guacamole rubello chips - has about the same calories as I eat in an entire day. Fuuuuuuuuck you guys and your hyper metabolisms and insane workout schedules!!!!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/26/2009 9:21am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    Persimmons are expensive? What? We have like 20 persimmon trees at my grandmothers house. We just use persimmons as deer bait because the deer love them. I didn't even know people could eat those things....
    They are like $1.50+ each down here in Florida (imported from Japan). Compared to pears or bananas, those things are expensive. I'm gonna have to get the seeds and plant those things.

Dude, that fruit is choked-full with good stuff, it's sweet and easy to digest. Try them.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    1/26/2009 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroChica
    Damn, you sound like my husband! CdnPaddy is a certified junk-food addict, and yet he remains at an absolutely cut 155 pounds. I figured out last night that his favorite snack - an entire bag of guacamole rubello chips - has about the same calories as I eat in an entire day. Fuuuuuuuuck you guys and your hyper metabolisms and insane workout schedules!!!!
    Meh, chips aren't that bad for you. Potatoes, salt, and oil, that's it. Yes, a whole bag is A LOT if potatoes, salt, and oil, but....meh.

While on the subject, here was my PWO meal the other day after lifting. Box of Kashi Go Lean cereal (alll natural, all ingredients prnouncable, whole gain, awesome stuff), 1/2 gallon whole milk, protein shake (just protein/milk), baked FF, and a hamburger with kethup (again homemade, not McD's or anything). The milk and cereal alone was 2,700 calories.
    Hate me.
    Last edited by LI GUY 1; 1/26/2009 3:32pm at .

Posted On:
    1/26/2009 3:43pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've lost a ridiculous amount of fat in the last few months myself and when I know I'm going to go more than 3-4 hours without eating I make one of two things:

* A Nutra-grain eggo waffle with a small bit of peanut butter.
    * A sandwich consisting of multigrain bread, a salmon "burger" patty (from Costco), and Sriracha "rooster" sauce.

Both are around 300 calories, take about 5 minutes, and make a perfect 2nd, 3rd, or 4th meal.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/26/2009 7:07pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, MMA and Kids Jiu-Jitsu Style: Boxing, Mom-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    While on the subject, here was my PWO meal the other day after lifting. Box of Kashi Go Lean cereal (alll natural, all ingredients prnouncable, whole gain, awesome stuff), 1/2 gallon whole milk, protein shake (just protein/milk), baked FF, and a hamburger with kethup (again homemade, not McD's or anything). The milk and cereal alone was 2,700 calories.

Hate me.
    <looks at snack of carrot sticks>

I do.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    3/10/2009 3:37pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MOAR FAIL EATING!

So I totally overdid it this weekend. Planting 15 trees on Saturday and Sunday morning then went for a mountain bike ride Sunday afternoon then a short road ride on Monday hoping for some recovery. Now I have practice in 3 hours and I still have mad Lactic Acid buildup.

HOW DO LACTATE FLUSH?

Is there anything I can eat that will buffer some of this acid and help my legs feel less gassed? Right now I feel the burn after 4 or 5 stairs.

Posted On:
    3/10/2009 3:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sugar? Bananas and apples and fruit?

These are weird questions, sir.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    3/10/2009 7:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Is there anything I can eat that will buffer some of this acid and help my legs feel less gassed?
    Yeah, but you're not going to like it. Baking soda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 8:41am

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a whataburger chicken sandwich and onion rings 2 hours before training last night... I was fine
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    3/11/2009 10:34am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have solved the world's energy problems! I did some research yesterday to try and figure out how I can pretend to have energy for practice. Sublingual b12 FTW! I took a dropper of this and drank 16 ounces of water then proceeded to roll hard despite the fact that I basically felt I needed a nap. It really worked for me and I'll be taking it before I roll whenever I'm feeling sluggish.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast