Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/22/2009 4:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Valadez Kenpo Association

Although the association has been brought up in other threads (including myself), it doesn't have its own thread. So here it is: http://www.valadezkenpo.net/index.html

It started out with me trying to find a historical book on jujitsu on eBay. When I did a search, one of the things that came up was the "Reality Street Survival Valadez Kenpo Combat" system. I was intrested to know what the hell it was since I had never heard of it. It turns out to be a set of DVD's and CD's, along with certificates up through 1st Dan and an instructor certificate.

This makes me more intrested. So I cheak out the website. The association is the Valadez Kenpo Association and the founder is Lawrence Valadez. I find out that the testing is done by video. The cost of this system is $150 and testing is $50 through brown belt, $100 for 1st Dan, $150 for 2nd and 3rd Dan (total of $300), and $50 for the instructor certificate. On the website it states that ranks are earned and not just handed out.

That being said, the eBay program was selling for $49.99 after shipping. So I decided to email Mr. Valadez and ask him about it. More specificlly about the certificates and how you test for them. He responds that it is based on the honor system and you receive them with the order. This would mean that you could teach this system with the instructor certificate, right? WTF!

So back on the website, there are all sorts of members on it that also seem full of BS. Here are some of the sites:
    http://www.blacklotusmaa.com/
    http://www.totalprotectionsystem.com/
    http://www.makotokinjo.kogaryu.com/

Thanks for reading and I hope this qualifies for this forum.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 7:21am

Style: Japanese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must be a novice - any M.A. system with "street" and/or "combat" in its name must be effective.
    :badgrin:

...with a Hall of Fame included - IT ROCKS!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 10:02am

Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shut up, Sisyphus. Don't waste bandwidth.

It's actually a legitimate topic that doesn't need clowning. A more helpful approach would be to open a proper investigation into Valadez or one of the other listed websites. An even better option, were one so inclined, would be to spring for the Valadez training material and review it for authenticity.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/28/2009 10:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    7thSamurai,

I may just do that to check it out for authenticity. He has a lot of positive comments on eBay, however, the negative comments all involve the videos being bad quality.
    Of course if you are just buying it for the certificates you wouldn't care as much about the videos. At any rate, I'll see what I can find out.

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 4:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am checking out his ebay video/certificate offer for 'Kenpo/Karambit/Knife Fighting/Combatives/Jujitsu'

quite the steal to become a instructor in this deadly weapon for a mere $29.95

I am asking him for online reviews of the dvds or if he can provide a clip.

I may actually buy this just for the giggles. lol