Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Isolated and Confused

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 4:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Now why did I go and ruin it by saying that?

Ok. I recently got into a tussle with the husband of someone I work with at a social event. He threw a punch, I ducked under got a body lock, tripped him, went from side control to mount, controlled his arms so he couldn't punch me and then we got pulled apart.

So far, so good. Nobody's been hurt, everything can be chalked up to drunken stupidity and Xmas and things are going ticketyboo. Then I start channeling Steven Segal, look the bloke right in the eyes an tell him "You shouldn't pick a fight with someone who can kill you".

What the **** was I thinking? Was there anyway I could have made myself look more of an arsehole?

At least this time I escaped unharmed. I once told this bloke he wouldn't be able to throw me in randori. I'm 5'8" tall, weighed 65 kg at the time and was a 1st dan in Aikido. That didn't end well but at least it ended quickly.

Anyone else have those experiences where everything's going your way and then you go and open your mouth and say something titanically stupid?
    Failing to become awesome since 1976

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 6:48pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was once with my dad when he got into an altercation with a homeless guy who said he could kick my dad's ass. My dad said "you better pack a lunch". I now use this line whenever someone says they can beat me up.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 6:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh, Yeah. I'm 17, so this happens just about every day of my life.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 6:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, technically you are right, you could kill him.
    But it is not the best thing to do in such a situation. Though I had a situation where telling someone I don't want have any trouble after I RNC him (he attacked me) didn't do me any good.
    I guess the best thing is to walk away from those kind of situations. People are stupid (if alcohol is involved more so) and don't know when they are beat or it is time to STFU. Sometimes you have to be reasonable for them and walk away. :byewhore::cya:and :XXhippylo

PS: more proof that BJJ works in the street!
    You should have screamed: " where is your wing chung now bitch? (he looks at you with a blank face) WHERE IS YOUR KUNG FU? YOUR AIKIDO? BITCH!"
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 8:27pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was a bartender in the cheapest bar in a college town so needless to say I dealt with my fare share of drunk fratboy assholes. One night during a game two of them got into a shouting match and started the whole pushing/"whatcha gunna do?" thing. The take it outside lines didn't work. I was a novice bartender and I REALLY hated the frat guys that came in, so in order to put an abrupt halt to **** I took out the pair of brass knuckles I carried and slapped them down on the bar. The look on their faces was priceless. I gave them the take it outside line again and now you could see they weren't fighting anyone anywhere. For no real reason right as they started giving each other the "you got lucky" talk I threw in "You guys wanna start **** in here I'll be more than happy to finish it for ya." and actually slipped the knuckles on. Stoic pwnage to cocky idiot in under 5 seconds. Such is life when you are a bartender at a denny's.

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 8:39pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Denny's sells alcohol? The same Denny's that has all day breakfast around the country?

I never knew.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 8:56pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOfAnger
    Denny's sells alcohol? The same Denny's that has all day breakfast around the country?

I never knew.
    I think they all serve beer and wine and after that hard stuff is up to owners. The one near me now has an actual lounge. The one I was working at just had an area designated as the bar and had a little 1 man bar. $.75 wells and shots. Oh how Potters must prosper off denny's.

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 9:25pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I worked at the statistically most violent club in Australia. I (well, the club) used to give cabbies $10 for every time they came out and picked up patrons, because we closed at the taxi change over time and the club is nowhere near any town centres. I dealt with violent drunks every night, who would be pissed off that I made them wait in a line. "we're not children!" they'd exclaim as they pushed and shoved for a better place in the line. "Stop acting like them then" I'd reply.
    One rainy night there was a particularly drunk dude with his girlfriend and he'd been turfed for picking fights. He tried unsuccessfully to jump the line, I told him I had a cab for him and his missus. This guy started having a go at me, saying he'd punch the **** out of me and all that. I was polite and told him that he should get in the cab as he was causing a scene and his girlfriend obviously wanted to get home. He came at me and due to his state was able to redirect him non violently to the cab, his girlfriend sort of calmed him down but he was still claiming his alpha status, so I gave a little taunt, "listen to your missus, little boy", as he was getting in the other side of the cab. I'd obviously enraged him with this, his girlfriend had successfully got him in the car when the other door on my side burst open and he began clambering through.
    "Goodnight, sir," I said patronisingly as I shut the door on his head, knocking him out. It was funny, a service to the cabbie who would've had to deal with a belligerent idiot and the girlfriend couldn't stop apologising, but I couldn't help but feel a bit of remorse.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 9:59pm

Style: Getting less fat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields
    I worked at the statistically most violent club in Australia. I (well, the club) used to give cabbies $10 for every time they came out and picked up patrons, because we closed at the taxi change over time and the club is nowhere near any town centres. I dealt with violent drunks every night, who would be pissed off that I made them wait in a line. "we're not children!" they'd exclaim as they pushed and shoved for a better place in the line. "Stop acting like them then" I'd reply.
    One rainy night there was a particularly drunk dude with his girlfriend and he'd been turfed for picking fights. He tried unsuccessfully to jump the line, I told him I had a cab for him and his missus. This guy started having a go at me, saying he'd punch the **** out of me and all that. I was polite and told him that he should get in the cab as he was causing a scene and his girlfriend obviously wanted to get home. He came at me and due to his state was able to redirect him non violently to the cab, his girlfriend sort of calmed him down but he was still claiming his alpha status, so I gave a little taunt, "listen to your missus, little boy", as he was getting in the other side of the cab. I'd obviously enraged him with this, his girlfriend had successfully got him in the car when the other door on my side burst open and he began clambering through.
    "Goodnight, sir," I said patronisingly as I shut the door on his head, knocking him out. It was funny, a service to the cabbie who would've had to deal with a belligerent idiot and the girlfriend couldn't stop apologising, but I couldn't help but feel a bit of remorse.
    Everything about you is wrong.

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 10:52pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything? You are perceptive.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast