Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 11:54pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone was wondering how bad the pain I get from the headaches is, I have found visual aides via youtube to personify it. Just take out the music and this is what feels like:

YouTube - The Office Life - HL2

YouTube - The Office Life 2 - HL2

YouTube - The Office Life 3 - HL2

Now you can truly see why I can't get out of bed with most of them; They are that fucked up, I swear.

Posted On:
    1/22/2009 5:36am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had soft impacted wisdom teeth; I got the upper ones out when I was 20 they were turning sideways and spreading. I had to wait till they started coming though so I forced this by biting down on a frozen mars bar. I also only took 2 of my pain pills but this may have been because my friend gave me a Ľoz of opiated black hash and a pipe when he saw the state of me. I had suffered from migraines for years before this and I think I have had 2 or 3 of much less intensity since I got rid of them.

Posted On:
    1/22/2009 6:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adouglasmhor
    I had suffered from migraines for years before this and I think I have had 2 or 3 of much less intensity since I got rid of them.

This is why I am so sure that once mine are removed, the pain will most likely cease altogether, and I can continue my life and my martial arts career.

Thanks for the reassurance.

By the way, how painful and frequent were your migraines? Just curious if they were anywhere near as bad and as frequent as mine are.

Posted On:
    1/22/2009 8:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least one blinder a week, sometimes more. 2 or three in the 26 years since and one of them was due to an OD of dark swiss chocolate.

Posted On:
    1/22/2009 4:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I'm nervous about the whole anesthesia thing too. My wisdom teeth impacted, but they don't bother me yet so my dentist said to wait until they do. People around me are telling me that you're out cold though, so everything should be ok. Good luck on everything!

Side note: I did get 4 teeth right next to my molars extracted and that wasn't too bad except for the blood and crap afterwords. Not exactly on the level of wisdom teeth but sorta similar?

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 2:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adouglasmhor
    At least one blinder a week, sometimes more. 2 or three in the 26 years since and one of them was due to an OD of dark swiss chocolate.

I get them about 3 times a week on average. Sometimes they can last through the weekend with the pain starting on and off again. They are almost always very severe like I have said before. Even when they are tolerable, medicine for migraines does little to nothing for them. Codeine would help a little, but knocked be out or made me extremely sleepy, and that's just no good.

I really wish that all my migraines were due to dark swiss chocolate OD. All I would have to do then is eat less.

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 5:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember having them lasting from 1 to three days. Some weeks I would have 1 for 1 day sometimes 2 or 3 for a day or more. I sincerely hope the dental surgery sorts it, people who have never had one don't know how knackering it is. I used to be unable to see out my left eye for most of mine too.

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 3:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never had vision problems, like not seeing out of my left eye, but you just summed up how they seem to have no pattern and just happen spontaneously.

"I sincerely hope the dental surgery sorts it, people who have never had one don't know how knackering it is."
    Thank you so much for saying this. My mom always gets so angry at the fact that mine are so severe, and she seems to think that most of them are just psychological, because she thinks I want to avoid life, or some crap like that.

If I could just show her how bad they really were, she'd believe me . As far as the surgery goes, since mine are very similar to the ones you had when you were younger, I'm certain that the wisdom teeth are to blame.

Thanks again,

ZoA.

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 4:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard this about migraines from tough people that I don't doubt it. Sounds rough--good luck.

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 4:16pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got all four of my wisdom teeth yanked out in Marine Corps Boot Camp. One shot in each gum, and several tense minutes with a Navy dentist wielding a pair of pliers like a madman.

One half day of bed rest...in which I was repeatedly slapped by the Drill Instructors if I closed my eyes. The day after that we had pugil sticks.

YouTube - Pugil Sticks 1

You'll be fine.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    Helio was submitted by Kimura
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast