Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 1:47pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Taijiquan - Kurse für Anfänger (Taijiquan - lessons for beginners)

Well, just upfront: it really sounds more, than it is and I gave up the intention to made a living out of this. Its more like a spare-time interest I do not have to pay for and get pocket money for a movie or two.

Lesson fees:
    I try to take 30 € for 90 minutes to 2 houres. But mostly it is for free, cause students are poor or a friend or both.

Aliveness:
    I am highly interested in no-nonsense-selfdefense and so lessons are focused on that. Still, most people sniffing into taijiquan lessons find out it has to do with touch or even grabb someone, or worse being grabbed, so most stay away after learning it has to do with fighting.

Equipment:
    Due to I do not teach weapon-forms it is not that much of it needed.

Gym Size:
    When group-teachings arise I rent a room in a local community-centre 150 sq. meters.
    Individual lessons I try give at the students homes or at the park, depends on weather.

Instructor/Student Ratio:
    I am my own teacher.
    Classes variate from 3 to 8 students on top.

Atmosphere/Attitude:
    I do my best, share as much I can, always admit mistakes and try to learn out of them. Classes are small so I am very there. At least to me it is great fun and possibility for experiments and new experience.

Striking:
    In classes there are basic drills. When it comes to striking, then students are only allowed to strike on me, not on other students, Exeptions are attack/parry-drills.
    Pressure-testet full range stuff only happens in individual lessons - I am to afraid of anybody get hurt.

Grappling / Push Hands:
    Easy and gentle push hands is common.
    Pressure-testet full range stuff only happens in individual lessons - I am to afraid of anybody get hurt.

Weapons Instruction:
    Especially for women I do agression-training-stuff. So there are Bo, Boken etc. instructions in terms of parry/attack-basics, distance, etc.
    Still, its more like body-work and kind of reducing distance untill it can become hand-to-hand level.

That's it. Hope you get the impression.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 2:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    forgot to mention:

I enjoy to practice taijiquan in its very simply ways. The form I do and teach is very short (16 pictures). Tradition is rudimentary at best. Daoism and meditation are there, but only for those, who are really interested. Classes go on body-experience, movements and simple taijiquan-principles. The word CHI is hardly stressed, for it is not needed. I am talking and instructing constantly, concerned nobody abuses his or her body in unnatural movements just because I forgot to explain proper ways.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 4:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You mind telling us where this stuff is located? Not that I would be interested or anything but for those who might be.

Plus 30€ for 2h? :5eek:are you nuts?!
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 6:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its in Germany, a town near Frankfurt/Main. As this is an english speaking community, I do not expect that many interested showing up around the corner at all.

About the money, well you do not know the taxes here are or the general prizes for everything, do you? I can assure you, this is very modest for so much attention, not to speak of those that do not pay or just give a share... But thanks for asking.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 6:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fun fact, I am aware of taxes and all that, because I am from said country. And we have a few others here from Germany, Austria, Lolland and Belgium. But still 30€ for 2h lesson is more on the heavy side, I paid less a month for my TKD/AK school and I could train 6 days a week. I am just saying... it is all free market, if there is a client base, more power to you.

BTW: Why would you review your own school if you think there are no people here interested in?! That seems odd.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2009 5:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, makeing a review just seemed being the right thing - like some kind of that's what I try.

About the coin. As I said before, it depends. Affluent people have to pay, others have not, quiet simple. Finally, it's not that much money for a personal or small group instruction. It's not a club, no dues, just the teaching, training is not included, but everybody interested in showing me something or sparring gets my attention and support...

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    1/19/2009 7:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder how much a trainticket to Frankfurt is...

edit: i cant believe i missed this: 30 euros for 2 hours is modest?!
    get the **** out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2009 9:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A 2-way trainticket is for 9,10 €,

Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    get the **** out.
    I do not care about your opinion at all, **** off yourself.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    1/19/2009 11:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Homernoid
    A 2-way trainticket is for 9,10 €,

I do not care about your opinion at all, **** off yourself.
    whoa lets not say stuff here we're going to regret now...well you are going to regret...hehehe.

10 euro a lesson is normal.

why would anyone pay you 30?
    are you that special?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2009 4:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi Lebell, sorry for taking me so long to answer, I was busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    I wonder how much a trainticket to Frankfurt is...

get the **** out.
    1. you started that rude vocabulary.

2. 10 € is normal in classes with 10 to 20 people, mine are not. I am quiet trained to get people into difficult body-coordination they have difficulty and fear to do by themselves. it is compensation for my sparetime I could use for anything else aswell. I am neither special nor skilled or anything else. I just do follow that rule of need and supply. you do know, wich causes what, don't you?

3. taking into account, with additional 10 bucks for the train and the time needed to end in frankfurt, why not? it's comfortable.

4. remember, as repeatedly posted above: people WITH money, HAVE to pay it. those WITHOUT have not. you do understand this, don't you? so why do you care if some affluent dunnowhat wants to pay me 30 € per hour or not? 'cause, it's fine to me.

5 finally, it's free marked, no need to explain why who takes how much for what... noone is forced to take lessons from me, I coudn't care less about that.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast