Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 3:08pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    at the same time, if bothered to quote and reply to every douche-bag on this cluster-**** dog-pile of a thread, he probably wouldn't get any work done, and after all, it's our tax-dollars.
    lol - true. But their are still many legitimate questions that have been ignored.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 4:04pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ppko
    I came here to get either good or bad critique if you dont like the article I just ask you tell me what parts and what you dont like about it if you like tell me the same what can I do to improve the article
    I can sum up the gist of your article in two words, situational awareness.

Here's the thing guy, most of us here have read different versions of what you wrote many times. You can call us retards if you like, but in reality, we're just tired of reading the same thing over and over. Hence, our motivation to give you constructive advice is pretty low.

That might not be fair, but it is human nature.

Many of us here used to do the same thing you are doing, play different scenarios out in our heads to try to prepare ourselves for bad situations. Unfortunately, you'll never know how you will truly react until you really are in the ****. So why waste time strategizing? It's better to spend your time training rather than thinking about how you will use your training when the need arises.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ppko
    And no you all didnt scare me off but sorry just not going to reply to posts when half of you retards are to dumb to read what this thread is about but I wont reply to those of you that dont know what you are talking about
    OK asshat, I’ll be your huckleberry.

You start:
    Many people ask me, as I am sure they ask other martial artists, the infamous “what if or what would you do in this situation” question. In truth there is no perfect technique that works all the time. All we can do as teachers is try to prepare students for situations, and train in a way that allows adaptation.
    You immediately set yourself up as a martial arts instructor. Where do you teach? What are your credentials? If you are unwilling or unable to provide this information please be understanding when I call you a fucking liar, as the body of your article is not indicative of someone who knows what the **** they are talking about. If you don’t feel you have to prove anything to anyone why the **** did you post this in the first place? Why are you upset when we say you’re full of ****?
    This article will provide principles you can practice and embody so that they become primary in your arsenal and automatic in their use when confronted and engaged by a combatant.
    Principles I CAN practice. It’s a suggestion; optional. But the rest of the article kinda implies that if I don’t follow your advice I’m dead meat in short order. It’s the old Phill Elmore trick of “I’m not going to instruct you, but here’s a bunch of instructions.” Yes I just compared you to Phill Elmore.
    The first step is to be mentally prepared. For some people this evolves naturally, while for others, this process must be systematically resolved within oneself. I was once asked by my instructor, T.A. Frazer, whether I could take a life should the situation arise and whether I could live with myself afterward. This question requires considerable contemplation because its one with infinite depth, much deeper than the information one uses when making split second decisions while engaged or challenged.
    Yeah, introspection is great, but what does this have to do with anything? Just how am I supposed to harden myself to be able to kill and feel fine about it afterwards? Really, lots of people in the military and law enforcement would like to know.
    More than likely prosecutors will attempt to charge you with murder; and what about collateral damages and their effects.
    You know this how?
    Will you be able to stand strong when facing their children, spouse, parents, or friends? Can you withstand the verbal or physical backlash which will ensue? Is there a chance that you may be forever haunted by the event over and above that which your psyche can absorb? This, of course, starts a new branch of those affected by your decision to fight an all-out battle. The ultimate question then is, “Will I regret this action following the repercussions which will ultimately occur?”
    Again, introspection is great, but how am I supposed to resolve all these issues? Do you honestly think that none of us think about this stuff? If you can’t actually provide answers, why are you bringing it up?
    Considering all this, I believe,
    There you go with those opinions again
    changes the question’s scope and requires that anyone serious about learning street techniques of involvement, contemplate and reach within themselves to resolve the varying issues arising from the multitude of situations which may likely occur from the harshest of actions.
    This sentence is quite a massacre of the English language, but I think what you’re getting at is the martial artist should be ready to kill in self defense if he/she has to.

Really, you just took up three paragraphs to say “Be ready to kill if you have to.” Thanks for the heads-up, asshole.

The first action which must be done regarding mental training
    See how before it was “provide principles you can practice” now these are things I MUST do
    is visualization of varying situations and what is a response in which its outcome you can accept. You should visualize while striking the air, while walking, during meditation, or during other periods of inactivity. My good friend Rusty and I visualize taking out an adversary while riding in an elevator or imagining attack from others while walking down the street.
    So I should think about killing mother fuckers all the time? This is called paranoia.
    In most situations there is no forewarning and time to plan, combat just happens.
    Bullshit. Bull-fucking-****. Maybe in places like war zones or prison yards ambushes are set such that violence happens without warning, but for your regular Joe on the street, violence escalates in noticeable ways. Most fights are precluded by much posturing and ****-talking while the would-be combatants work up the nerve to actually commit an act of violence. Yes, muggings happen, but they are certainly not the most common case where one would encounter violence. But really, I don’t even have to argue this point, because you’re going to contradict yourself in a few paragraphs.
    The second action which must be done
    Again with the “must”
    is to train your mind for “worst case”. Remember, its not only your life that’s at risk, there are others that care for you and pray for your safety even when they aren’t there. How would your spouse’s life change not having you beside her at night or during times of need? What impact would this have on your children’s immediate lives and future? They may become troubled from the loss of a parent and legally or emotionally prevent themselves from reaching their potential as an adult.
    I’m not even sure what you’re getting at here. You start by saying I need to train my mind, then go on and on about how my family needs me. I fucking know that my family needs me. How am I supposed to train my mind for the “worst case?” What the **** are you even talking about here?
    If you experience attack on the street, the assailant intends to harm you or they wouldn’t have planned the attack. If your preparation is thorough and your emotions intact, the threat can be neutralized quickly and efficiently and you value this experience as another weapon to pull from your arsenal.
    Brilliant fucking insight. I’m glad we have you around to tell us this.
    Finally, learn to pay attention to your surroundings and what others around you are doing, and know your pre-assault cues.

Pre-assault cues are tendencies and actions people exhibit before they attack; such as staring through you, clinching their fist, rocking back and forth, diverting your focus, or using reverse psychology by attempting to act too friendly and cordial. There are a multitude of cues, but trust your instincts and recognize the abnormal.
    Wait wait wait wait wait, what happened to “In most situations there is no forewarning and time to plan, combat just happens?” Of course, this also shows your fucked up priorities that you put this bit last. Shouldn’t take a martial arts expert to know that you stand a better chance of coming home unharmed if you don’t get in the fight in the first place.
    The Entry
    What the hell does this even mean? Entry into what?
    While I could go the mocking route and make comparisons to fisting, I’m going to make an honest attempt to put some meaning to this term. I’m assuming that by “entry” you mean to close the distance between you and your enemy; to get in his face, inside his attack range, and impose your will upon him. The meaning of this term is important, because you’re setting yourself up for another self contradiction.
    Why is entry important? Plain and simple, if your entry is poor your chances of survival or experiencing any positive outcome will greatly diminish.
    Really? What if I turn tail and run?
    It may be some quirk of your military mindset, but the goal of self defense is NOT to crush your enemy. The goal is to get home safely. Crush your enemy as a last resort, when other options have failed. Entry is not always even necessary.
    Poor entry skills lead to unbalance, which along with posture is critical to street attack. If you maintain good balance it allows you to gauge the balance of your opponent, and use this as an assistance force to quickly submit your adversary and suppress the situation.
    Blah blah blah, you might as well say that the key to winning is to fight better. You’re not really supplying any sort of useful information. What’s the difference between a poor entry and a good one? How does a poor entry unbalance you? How does maintaining good balance allow you to magically divine the balance of your opponent? How does this information help you kick some ass?
    The first step to developing an efficient entry is to ensure that your approach does not require change when the attack ensues. Whether the weapon used is a knife or fist, your basis for entry shouldn’t need change. Remember, you may not know if they intend to use a knife, making this principle’s importance even more pronounced. My first instructor, Tim Foster, always made it a point to stress that if a potential adversary’s hands are hidden, assume they have a weapon.

I remember hearing a story of a martial artist murdered in a fight because he kept punching at the assailer’s head while he was being punched in the stomach, or so he thought. As it turned out, the assailant was stabbing him with a knife and killed him.
    Now this gem of martial idiocy is truly mindboggling. Somehow I am to devise a method of “entry” that is going to be equally effective if I’m facing an unarmed assailant or one that may or may not have a knife. Let me reiterate that to make sure I’m seeing what I think I’m seeing: you’re advocating an unarmed attack against someone who means you harm and may have a knife. I’m astounded. I hope to **** you’re not teaching this to people.
    So what are good principles to remember; control the attack; don’t let the attack control you.
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    This is where pre-assault cues are important. When these cues are recognized by you, the situation changes to one of self-defense and should trigger a first strike by you instead of an assault from an assailant. Turn the tables and put them on the defensive and work from position of control.
    No, if you think you’re being set up for an assault; get the **** out of that situation. Anything else is stupidity that will probably get you robbed, beaten or killed. Oh and should you misread something innocent as a “pre-assault cue,” don’t forget to add “sued” and “incarcerated” to the list.
    Attempt to move to the outside. It’s the safest place to be and the easiest vantage point to control and manipulate your opponent. When you have positioned yourself on the outside, maintain physical contact, it will make your response more effective because you can feel what they are doing. If a move to the outside is blocked, physical contact is still important in maintaining control of the assault.
    What do you mean by “the outside?” This seems to directly contradict “entry.”
    Once you realize a fight is imminent, commit yourself 100%. Any hesitation will be costly. Hesitation only increases the likelihood of an aggressor landing the initial blow and position of dominance. Remember, most assailants choose who they attack by the perceived advantage they believe they have over a target. If you know they will attack, don’t concede control, take that position for yourself.
    Again you totally ignore the idea of getting the **** away. Aggressive assailants who are executing a planned attack against you are going to stack the deck in their favor in ways that you just can’t overcome with any amount of hand-to-hand training. Guns are easy to get a hold of, and just one can totally **** up all that fancy **** you just wrote about.

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 4:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith
    So I should think about killing mother fuckers all the time?
    I don't have to think about killing motherfuckers all the time, but I like to.

Seriously, I think Hedgehogey has the best approach to the OP's claims. If you want to engage ppko at length, that's your privilege, but personally I'd just let Hedge deal at this point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 8:18pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally I don't think it is such a good idea to be prepared to kill someone. I think it is more important to prepare to torture someone.

Say, for example, someone cuts you off on the Interstate. Because I use a lot of introspection I know the right thing to do in this situation would be to track down the asshat, abduct him and strap him to five different horses going five different directions.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 9:45pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DunkelAnanas
    Personally I don't think it is such a good idea to be prepared to kill someone. I think it is more important to prepare to torture someone.

Say, for example, someone cuts you off on the Interstate. Because I use a lot of introspection I know the right thing to do in this situation would be to track down the asshat, abduct him and strap him to five different horses going five different directions.
    [MEDIA]YouTube - Where Is The Chain!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011