Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 6:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

bjj stripes

i seem to be getting nowere in my trainig ive trained nearly 2 yrs and im still no were nere my blue belt were am i going wrong i have 2 stripes i have the tecnical abillitie but i carnt really use them in sparrin coz im the weakest and theres a new kid who seem to be getting all the praise

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 6:09am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5471
    i seem to be getting nowere in my trainig ive trained nearly 2 yrs and im still no were nere my blue belt were am i going wrong i have 2 stripes i have the tecnical abillitie but i carnt really use them in sparrin coz im the weakest and theres a new kid who seem to be getting all the praise
    1. Paragraphs and punctuations.

2. Have you asked your instructor about what you are doing wrong?

3. 2 years and you cannot use your "technical abilities" in sparring? Because you are the weakest? And you have been doing this for 2 years? :icon_scra

4. This is not a grappling technique question. Therefore this is the wrong forum for it.

5. The title of your thread does not reflect the questions you are asking.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 7:34am

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After two years of training it seems kinda strange...first the fact that you're not going "anywhere" and the fact that you haven't earn your belt. If you say you have the skills and you're not using in sparring...and you're the weakest, that means one of three situations:

a) The teaching is sound and good, but you just suck and your instructor hasn't see a blue belt level in you

b) The teaching sucks ass and you're being ripped off

c) a and b are BOTH correct

If after two years of normal training (at least two times a week) you aren't able to use what you've learned it not only reflects bad on you, but also in your instructor and his teaching method.

How many days a week you train? How many blues,purples etc are there? Does your instructor how attention to detail? Do you pay attention in class?

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 7:37am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've highlighted the answer to your question.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 8:12am

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say the thread title gets changed to "why do I suck?"

or perhaps even "why do I eat all the dicks?"
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 8:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, obviously your instructor doubts your fighting ability.

You've got to challenge him. Don't do it to his face, as he'll beat you, but i suggest hiding in his backseat and using the ole chloroform in the rag trick till he passes out.

Tie him up in your basement and say, "I'M A BLU BELT, BITCH" while you make him watch videos of Chuck Liddell KOing BJJ players.

Also, stop worrying about praise, but its easy for me to say, as i'm the young guy who gets all the "praise" lol.

Also, what gym do you train at/who's your instructor/rank/how often do you train?

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 8:52am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell us the total amount of training in your two years breaks excluded.

Yes, excluded.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 9:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you dont happen to train at my school do you?

I know this guy, he blames everyone and everything: i'm too tall for him, another guy is too heavy, he always has ' little pains' (a direct quote) and finds some bs excuse to yap about techniques instead of practise them.

are you one of those people?

you sound awfully like him.

We have new guys coming in with basic groundwork experience wtfpwning him.
    Why?
    He just doesnt have the fighting spirit, he's insecure and vindictive towards other people.
    Like you: ' there's a new kid getting all the praise '
    What the hell do you care about some new kid getting all the praise?
    I'd focus more on myself if i were you, you're the one training for 2 years getting nowhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 9:55am

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The answer is you're not any good at BJJ. Ask your instructor why, not us. We don't roll with you or know you.

If your instructor doesn't know why, maybe it's time to look for a different instructor, or a different sport.

Good luck.

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 10:30am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark my words: This is a Wing Chun troll.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast