Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/18/2009 2:53pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by superman36369
    lol Yeah thats actually a really good idea , and you absolutly right. I told him that I can just really teach him the basics. He can't afford to go to a real school thats why he called me, I'm the only person he knows (and gets along with) that knows anything about this type of stuff.

When he called he said he can't afford to go anywhere and train but he has an extra room and him and his girl keep their kitchen stocked so that will be good for me cause I will be closer to the city and it will save me on commute to my gym and back. Otherwise I may not even be considering it. I have alot of skeptacism about this whole thing.
    Well, at least everyone is clear on the whole thing. Better to learn from a beginner than to just make it up. Sparring practice should be interesting.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/18/2009 2:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke
    Well, at least everyone is clear on the whole thing. Better to learn from a beginner than to just make it up. Sparring practice should be interesting.
    I dont want to really **** him up that bad lol , should I make him use head gear or really get a feel for what its gonna be like? You also gotta consider he's a heavyweight and I'm a middle weight I guess , but still I'm not a smoker or a drinker and I actually have formal training. How should I go about this to get my point across and not really hurt him?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/18/2009 9:54pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When we spar, head gear and shin guards are optional. So I would call him out. Ask him how hard core he is. He will man up and say he doesn't care about pads. When he does that, he is fair game.

If he stays, tell him to wear the head gear next time.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123