Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/16/2009 9:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Balancing weight gain plan with MMA training.

I've started to train at an MMA gym and I love it. I think I need to gain some weight, right now I'm around 150-155, and I'm pretty healthy and in good shape. I don't have too much fat but I think I could use some extra strength and mass. I'm awful at organizing, so I could use some help. I talked to some guys at the gym, they said that starting out I should come to the gym three times a week for classes, which would also be my cardio, and lift weights three days I don't go. Then once I've gained some weight I plan to go to the gym more often like five times a week. Also I would like a workout that would not take too long to complete because I have school during the day and homework afterwards. I would like a goo nutrition plan that I can stick to help gain some weight that will put on quality lean mass, not fat. I also want to increase my strenght along with my mass, so it's not just dead weight. I like to set up my goals in increments, right now my goal is to go from 150-155 to 170. Input and routines or meal plans would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2009 9:31pm

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai (MMA)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With that much training, I would think 5 days of gym would be pushing it. Personally i've been aiming for 4, while training various styles late afternoon every day. I squeeze the gym in earlier in the day, and the whole idea is that you'll have to eat a shitload with that much training, but all that training should increase your appetite substantially anyway.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    1/17/2009 4:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you plan on competing?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/17/2009 4:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No I'm not going to seriously compete, I'm doing this to be a better fighter and to get in shape. It's a really big interest of mine though.