Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 1:47am

Style: BJJ, Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you would greatly enjoy posting at Pax Baculum more than here. Those people share your opinion that "having to fight = fail at self-defence," whereas many people here, myself included, will tell you that they are more than willing to fight when necessary, and wont back down when someone attempts to walk over them. If you can fight and win, why let people push you around?

Anyway,

1 conflicts that really happened
    2 what `technique` did you use, and what outcome it had
    3 was it something you trained or something different
    4 how did it influence your training from then onwards
    Kid at bus stop threw a haymaker punch at me. I blocked and punched his face, so he dropped to his knees and held his cheek muttering something about how I was a bitch. Kicked him onto his side and walked back to where I had been standing.

Waiting for the bus at school, some dude and I were arguing, and he started to become physically agressive. He tackled me and I sprawled (this was way before I did BJJ) and said, 'if you want to fight let's go onto the oval where the ground's flat.' He agreed and we walked down the slope onto the field, where he came at me again and tried to grab onto me. I tripped him up using teh deadly Wing Chun retarded-Osoto Gari. He ran back up the slope and pulled a pair of scissors from his back and then ran at me. It was dark, so at the time I didn't realise they were scissors, just some kind of weapon. I kicked him in the hand and the scissors went flying, and then I kicked him in the torso and he fell into a sort of splits position. And this point I walked back to the bus stop with my ego well stroked and some cheers and congratulations from others who had seen the fight.

On both occasions I had trained in these techniques and I felt pretty good about myself and the system I was training in at the time - Wing Chun. I continued to train in the Chun and bragged about how I had kicked a weapon out of a kid's hand (I claimed it to be a knife even though it was just scissors).

Then I had a different kind of combat experience.

In the drama department at my school a guy and myself agreed to fight, just for fun. He tackled me, I fell, and he put me in some wierd hold where I could do nothing but tap out. It was embarassing considering all he knew was a bit of BJJ from some fucking youtube videos and I had four years of Wing Chun under my belt.

Different occasion he ran up to me and got into a stance as if to fight, and all in good fun I took the bait and got into a stance. He tackled me, took it to the ground, and choked me. Once again, very fucking embarassing.

I went away thinking 'if it was a real fight, I would have hit him hard and used my deadly moves that I couldn't do in a fight with a friend.'

However, this led me to the realisation that striking and using t3h d34dly moves such as knee-stomps, groin kicks, etc, is not always an appriate method of fighting. Sometimes it's more appropriate to grapple. In fact - I realised - grappling is better because it works both as a fun sport which you can do without hurting people, AND as a self defence system which works against attackers of malicious intent.

How did this influence my training? I quit Wing Chun shortly afterwards due to financial/time/transport reasons, but when I found out that down the road from my house there was an inexpensive BJJ place, I jumped at the opportunity and joined up immediately. Haven't looked back. Now I can beat all my friends without having to punch them, and I have a lot more confidence about my ability to fight in a real situation. I've also started Judo and boxing to make me a more well-rounded fighter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 1:57am

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing's for sure: Buses and bus related activities spur violence around the world.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 1:57am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One time I was walking at night and when I turned a corner a big dog approached and started growling at me. I immediately climbed to the top of the nearest fence. Ninjitsu FTW.

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 2:10am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    One time I was walking at night and when I turned a corner a big dog approached and started growling at me. I immediately climbed to the top of the nearest fence. Ninjitsu FTW.
    Yeah riiiight! Cmon budy you expect me to believe that one?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 2:11am

Style: Shitoryu Karate and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got two that I can remember clearly enough.

#1.

One of the guys at school had been bullying me for about 2-3 months and I'd finally had enough. Walked up to him, stared him down for a few seconds, and punched him in the gut. He grabbed me and chucked me to the ground, and I pulled him down with me. We landed, with him on top so I hit him with one or two hooks in the temple. He managed to pull a bit away, and pulled back to punch me. I pushed him back with my leg. He fell on his ass and I got back up. Then his friend restrained him and two of my friends dragged me away.

It was after that fight I decided to take up MA, because I wanted to control myself better.

#2.

My brother and I were in a yelling argument, and he shoved me. I shoved him back, and then he came at me, fists up. Hit him in the side of the jaw with a Yoko geri, and he dropped to the ground, dazed, but had his legs up, so I couldn't just rush in. He got back up, swung a haymaker at me and I saidstepped. Then, my uncle came into the room and broke up the fight. You don't f*ck with a 230 pound wall of muscle with ten years of military experience when all you have is an orange belt in a kata oriented karate style.

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 2:21am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    THE END!

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 3:29am

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Circle Jerk FTW! :5grouphug

One time I got knocked the **** out for being a smartass.

No seriously.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 3:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pfff i had quite a few actually.

I got wtfpwned one time by a bunch of bikers, one suckerpunched me of my barstool and started kcking me in the face.

i got my nose broken by some weird guys headbutt during a streetrave.
    Him: HEADBUTT!!!
    Me (drunk) wtf did you just do?
    him: this asshole! HEADBUTT no2!!!
    me: DOH!

ehr i had some arab dude trying to run me over with his car, then stepping out with a stick.

recently on boxing day i got attacked by a wing chun (i **** u not) homeless guy.

i hurt an american tourists hand with my face.

ive been almost glassed twice.

pick a story.

edit: oh yeah, one time i got an attitude adjustment from a bouncer, he lifted me from the floor by my balls.
    God that hurted...

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 3:35am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    oh yeah, one time i got an attitude adjustment from a bouncer, he lifted me from the floor by his balls.
    God that hurted...
    fixed.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 5:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing to offer after the age of 18 or so. The most recent I don't remember, as I'd downed about a fifth of Cheapo Mart Bourbon in Graduation Celebration. It's a shame this was back before everyone had a camcorder on hand to document every little moment of our lives, as it sounds like it was pretty damned entertaining.

Apparently, after I'd gotten drunk to the point that my conscious mind had checked out, it struck whatever there was of my brain as a good idea to go wander around outside in my underwear. A concerned family member had sent my friend, "Junior" out to collect me. Junior had about 5 inches and 100lbs on me, but apparently I went all drunken master on him and it was decided that I could stay out there and pass out in a ditch if I so desired.

Less luck sober. One fight in middle school pretty much involved me getting punched in the face about six times before getting frustrated and tackling the guy -- At which point we were separated. I was pissed off, so went to find him again later... (I don't know what I had planned? More headbutts to the fist, I guess.) Only to have him shake my hand respectfully.

Jr. High, one of my friends reached the Tipping Point of messing with me. Kept trying to walk away, and he kept grabbing my backpack and spinning me back around. On the third time, I spun back around with a wild overhand right and caught him square in the jaw. He did that bewildered stumble-step, blinked at me a few times... and gave chase as by that time I'd realized what I'd done to a much larger individual and was running the **** away.

Freshman HS, finally got into a fight with a jerk who'd been doing the standard High School Smack Talk for a while. Very pathetic version of a 'fight'. I missed/grazed a fist off the top of his head, he did I sort of turtle bend-over duck and cover, and I just started punching him in the back. After what had to be only a few seconds, I stopped... the guy was fucking CRYING. I walked away.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast