Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 12:28am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

street!

HEHE the `street` word. :5forbidde Yes, you read it right.
    As a martial artist who (yes some do) might train for self defense, staying out of a fight is the first objective. Self defense starts with defense against the SELF (your ego: see Geoff Thompson`s materials. I learned a lot of them)
    But sometimes, it happens.

I failed twice, meaning I was in two fights in my life.
    This thread is about "Which techniques did you use, or see the other person use in a fight"
    No youtube fights we all have seen, just personal experience. In a case of an emergency, how did your training work for you?
    Rule: no rambo stories!!(no scenery or romatic descriptions) just wich `technique` and the outcome

fight nr1
    my big overhand right
    result: ko and broken nose for other guy
    feeling: I train for straight punches and when a fight really happens, it just becomes a wide arching swing. I never ever had trained that type of punch.

nr2
    receive two punches on the left part of the forehead
    I return with jab. I grab around his hip+two or three groin shots with right closed fist. then take him down in a double leg. Side control by means of a kibadachi/horse stance: one knee on his thigh the other on his shoulder as he lies on his side. I bounce his head a couple of times lightly as a basketball, then I get pulled of by a innocent bystander (which I didn`t notice at all)
    Other guy gets up. Tries two punches and a kick and we both keep distance and we cool of.
    feeling: never did see his two hits coming, never did see the bystander coming (due to tunnel vision) I don`t know if I even connected with the jab. I did have a sprained finger after it was all over. I expected that groin shots would be much more effective. Double leg: I trained it when I was a kid in judo(morotegari), but didnt train it for 10 years before the incident. Side control with kibadachi/horsestance: finally something I did train. I even just learned it that weekend. The weak bouncing of his head against the street: I had no clue how to continue the fight once he was under control, as i never had trained it. I felt like the fight was over just by having a temporary control (it is in the dojo) At that time my sparring was limited to point sparring. Which does indeed make you stop after the first hit you make...

Thats it
    I tried telling the incidents as sober as possible, limiting it to whatever techniques happened.
    I revised a lot of my training and mental game after the second experience.
    Aliveness became super important, which directed me :happy6: towards bullshido a while ago.

Please write in this thread
    1 conflicts that really happened
    2 what `technique` did you use, and what outcome it had
    3 was it something you trained or something different
    4 how did it influence your training from then onwards

For those who have never been in a real fight. Congrats for real.
    For those who have. Don`t do it anymore but please do share your mistake.:5thanks:

Train hard, be safe

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 12:40am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep your tiresome YMAS threads out of Guantanamo Bay. Gitmo is a working forum.

'How do fight?' threads were old before I registered almost five years ago.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 1:10am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything is old, simpsons did it ... etc etc. and dont bump old threads you satanist necromancer. :evil1:

on topic:

Got into a shitload fights, bad neighborhood and all. however i implement boxing over rabbit punches / swings and actually head hunt, so i end them quick (rarely KO).

Clearest ones i remember.

guy grabbed me by the shoulder from behind and jerked me back, i didnt resist and instead went with motion and clocked him straight in the jaw with a right long hook, the guy fell and was awake but stunned, he just stayed there holding his jaw until i left.

almost got mugged at a bus stop, the guy was just trying to bully me into giving him my wallet, again it was long hooks and straights ( i actually used them), and then pulled his jacket over his head hockey style and went for uppercuts and punched him in the back of the head, the guy tried to run away so i let him.

another one was at the back of the bus (again, i hate public transport), he got up and tried to hit me so i just went for a pushing tackle against the chairs, the driver stopped the bus ( i think its policy), so i tried to get position advantage by being over him put my body weight on him while holding him by the collar of his jacket with one hand and punching him straights in the face/neck/collar bone with the other repeatedly, others pulled me off from behind, so i asked the bus driver politely to open the door, i dont want trouble and just let me off, he let me leave and i took the metro home.

in general, the punching skills in boxing help, although its more of a dirty boxing thing and lots of clinch with one hand while punching with the other, however my defense is primarly punch the other guy more than he punches me, sometimes weave when i can but never blocked or parried, as well i always head hunt.

as i said, usually fights dont end in KO, the others arent used to fighting people who actually aim well where they hit so they back off or i leave once they stop trying to hit me.

i also train for T3H D34DLY S7R33TS

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 1:18am

Style: Hillbilly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll never forget that day...

BOY! Was my face red...

From that day forward I always made sure I brought my shootin' irons to a Mexican Standoff.
    Last edited by ChickenBeakFist; 1/15/2009 10:50am at . Reason: messed up the linking. I practice responsible lulz

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 1:29am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Honest Truth
    The grabbing and then repeatedly punching seems to be a classic.
    Gonna try that in training with mitts.

The people on bullshido are mostly martial artists, some had some encounters.
    The reason for this thread is to get ideas of how martial artists do stuff in a real situation.
    Swap ideas, learn from each other and practice the stuff others have used.

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 1:29am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My techniques were so deadl3y no one survived!............Well except the one were I died! Yes I am dead! and hopefully this ego stroking thread will be to in good time. You could kill yourself! The we could have a final battle. Yes the battle of the living dead!, I would win because it would be fought in trollshido where it belongs. I has experience in trollshido advantage me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 1:32am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk
    My techniques were so deadl3y no one survived!............Well except the one were I died! Yes I am dead! and hopefully this ego stroking thread will be to in good time. You could kill yourself! The we could have a final battle. Yes the battle of the living dead!, I would win because it would be fought in trollshido where it belongs. I has experience in trollshido advantage me.

I WILL BEATZ YOU TROLL.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 1:39am

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fighting on buses sucks. Adios footwork. My only venture into this genre was a schoolbus fight, and the fight that I thought about when I read the OP. My wily adversary saw fit to threaten me with an ass kicking. I was already basically in my normal right lead stance and launched a right hook that caught cheekbone and knocked him on his ass into a seat, kind of dazed. Unfortunately for me, I didn't have my fist tight enough and cheekbones are hard, so I broke a couple of metacarpals. About the time I'm coming down from my adrenaline rush and I'm realizing that my hand is fucked up, this guy gets up and starts talking about "You hit me! We're gonna fight!" We end up standing on the bus seats and I throw a front kick that I telegraphed a mile and he caught. We kind of fall together in a clench and he grabbed both of my wrists, at which point I landed a hard headbutt to his right eye. End of fight, and his eye got really swollen. We both went to the hospital because apparently I damaged his eye socket, and of course, my dumb ass broke my own hand.

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 1:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honest_truth

I WILL BEATZ YOU TROLL.
    Make it quick and painless! hopefully before I read anymore self stroking war stories.

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 1:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What if my only fight is on youtube?
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast