Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/13/2009 8:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Crazy Bob's House of Death

Found this link for a "dojo" in Toronto, Canada. Check it out and post your thoughts.

http://www.crazybobshouseofdeath.ca/...crazy_bobs.htm

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    1/13/2009 8:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks fine to me, Can't really comment on the gun and knife stuff myself. Besides, Read the Rules.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    1/13/2009 8:22pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the original poster:

Please discuss why you think this place is a McDojo, and how you intend to proceed investigating it. This forum is for actual investigations. If you just want to post a link and laugh at people you think are silly, then I will move this to YMAS.

Please read the forum descriptions.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2009 10:05pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A) Use search function. This has come up already on MABS and on YMAS as separate threads.

B) Please state what you feel is bullshido about the place, what investigation you have done, what results you have found and why you feel obligated to bring this up without using step A.

C) Why, for gods sake did you make this your first post. Go to noob-town and get a polite welcoming first. Then read stickies. Then lurk. Maybe make lurk the first step but all three should be done.

Posted On:
    1/14/2009 9:36am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2009 3:40pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The knife defense looks stupid to me. Granted I have not trained any form of "Jiu Jitsu" but the lack of "aliveness" is quite obvious. I think it is safe to say that anyone attacking you with a knife is not just going to hand it to you, when you grab their arm, but rather make you come and take it by force. The disarm used is... well... overly optimistic to my eyes.

The one of the knifer from behind is not very realistic either. Why not just choke the guy, if he tries that escape?

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    1/19/2009 4:06pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackan
    The one of the knifer from behind is not very realistic either. Why not just choke the guy, if he tries that escape?
    Because, at that point you have a knife. Why choke if you can stab? Second, if you have someone in that position and your leaving enough space between their skin and your blade for the escape to work you have done something wrong....

Lastly if you end up in that position.... your an idiot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2009 4:15pm

Style: BJJ / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love it when people post one friggen post in MABS and then never post anything else. Its so friggen annoying. I wonder if they even read our response.

/recourse

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    1/19/2009 5:09pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People like this are generic and painfully expected. They have the image of the crazy bearded dude from whom Rob Zombie totally stole his life story to uphold. They take you by the shoulder and talk your ear off about all the barfights they've been in. They parrot Bruce Lee doctrine in a desperate attempt to seem innovative.

These are the Marc Mcyoungs of the world, men who conceal their lack of talent and dedication behind a screen of jocular psuedo-violence, who spend half an hour a day making sure their eyes shine with mischief and the sheltered suburban boys that are their main clientelle continue to revere them.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/19/2009 5:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyukido, TKD, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Defense against knives and guns always looks extremely high risk to me, but this looks really terrible. The "quit stabbing yourself" move was the worst. I'm sure there's some practical way to defend yourself against knives and sticks and stuff, but I don't think this is it.