Page 29 of 29 First ... 192526272829

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...3_2037_5246959

Interesting picture from a 1913 boxing bout. Notice low lead hands and backwards leaning stance of man on right. Doesn't appear to be a staged photo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Boxing stance

I ever watch the boxing match before.it is very furious and interesting.i do not think the Boxing stance is the key piont,as long as the match is interesting.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt & say that Ericlitao is not primarily an English speaker. I think I can translate what was meant, although if I’m right the sentiment is pretty stupid.

I think what Ericlitao was trying to say was: “I’d never watched a boxing match before. The fight I saw was furious & I found it very interesting. I’m not particularly interested in the details of the boxing stance so long as the action of the fight I’m watching is entertaining.”

I think that’s what was meant. If so it’s a deplorable position for a spectator to take. Saying in effect: “I’ll watch this sport, but I don’t want to take the time to actually understand it.” It’s a stupid comment from a spectator, but completely unjustifiable in a discussion (taking place on a martial arts discussion forum) about boxing as a martial art. If you don’t want to learn, why are you here?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, the link in the OP is down.

(button in upper right corner) Settings> (left menu under My Account) General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Page 29 of 29 First ... 192526272829