Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2009 2:49pm

Style: Ninjutsu/Isshinryu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How do I install a surefire light on my 870?

As a late Christmas gift, my wife is letting me finalize my preparations for the coming zombie invasion. Priority one is pimping my 870 by adding a light and increasing magazine capacity. Today I bought a Surefire 618FA, started to install it and realized I don't have a clue how to remove my old forend from the magazine tube.

Surefire kindly included a "installation tool", but I think it only works on the magazine cap. I found some custom wrenches online for 50$. I would rather spend that money on ammo.

I appreciate any advice.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/13/2009 10:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: just started grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A friend had a benelli semi auto that I ended up putting his surfirelight on his gun. I had to take the barrel off. I do not know if the same applys to the 870 or even how to disassemble the 870. My friend's light had an instruction manual with it. In the end I opted to look at all the instructions manuals for the gun, the light, and his mag extender. All in all I figured it out. Had some parts left over...but I figured it out.

Sides... my primary zombie killin' gun of choice would be a ruger 10-22 w/ hi cap mag.s Assuming the zombies will be the slow moving Romero/Resident type Evil zombies. Well maybe a AR type 9mm w/hi cap beta mag... No PS-90 w/FN57 side arm...
    Last edited by romba_one; 1/13/2009 10:34pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2009 7:36pm

Style: Ninjutsu/Isshinryu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FYI.. The install tool that comes with the light works if you have "Popeye-like" forearms. A friend helped with the install and I love lighting up targets..

Now if I can just figure out an excuse for a folding pistol stock..

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/22/2009 10:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: just started grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gothamator
    FYI.. The install tool that comes with the light works if you have "Popeye-like" forearms. A friend helped with the install and I love lighting up targets..

Now if I can just figure out an excuse for a folding pistol stock..

Okay here: The folding stock will help you hide the thing...like under your trench coat; make it more compact for use, say indoors or other cramp'd areas, it looks kinda cool, some say a pistol grip allows for quicker shoulderin', you may find there is slightly less stress on you wrist, and of course to add a little peer pressure...everybody's doing it!

The down side is you may look like one of those special opps wanna be types if you have too much of that kind of gear.