233147 Bullies, 3443 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. honesty is offline
    honesty's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    1,060

    Posted On:
    1/13/2009 5:01am


     Style: SAMBO

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do this:

    Week A

    Day 1
    Squats
    Weighted dips
    Pull-ups

    Day 2
    Deadlifts
    Ovehead press
    Row

    Day 3
    Squats
    Weighted dips
    Pull-ups

    Week B

    Day 1
    Deadlifts
    Ovehead press
    Row

    Day 2
    Squats
    Weighted dips
    Pull-ups

    Day 3
    Deadlifts
    Ovehead press
    Row

    Go week A-B-A-B... etc..
  2. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,436

    Posted On:
    1/13/2009 5:07am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honesty
    Do this:

    Week A

    Day 1
    Squats
    Weighted dips
    Pull-ups

    Day 2
    Deadlifts
    Ovehead press
    Row

    Day 3
    Squats
    Weighted dips
    Pull-ups

    Week B

    Day 1
    Deadlifts
    Ovehead press
    Row

    Day 2
    Squats
    Weighted dips
    Pull-ups

    Day 3
    Deadlifts
    Ovehead press
    Row

    Go week A-B-A-B... etc..
    :icon_bigg Thank you! Program officially stolen!
  3. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,436

    Posted On:
    1/14/2009 6:06am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I trained Day 1 yesterday.

    Woah, that that was hard. Waoh. WOAH.

    Hole body aches, but I feel ALIVE!!!

    If I do this for a time, I'll become HE-MAN!:icon_albi:icon_albi:icon_albi


    So, with a heartfelt and honest "thank you", I hereby award you:




    Thanks to you, I get an idea how much time I might have wasted with the wrong training method! - So, now that I believe to have a glimpse of how t3h r34l d34l works,
    I hope that will boost me in my efforts.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 1/14/2009 6:09am at .
  4. honesty is offline
    honesty's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    1,060

    Posted On:
    1/14/2009 6:27am


     Style: SAMBO

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whilst that is nice, I cant take credit, I'm just following advice I got from Emevas and TeH about 7 months ago, when I started lifting and was pointed towards Stronglifts 5x5.
  5. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    1/14/2009 3:31pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Time for me to complicate things.

    First, you can still do some ab work if you're so inclined. Do it after the workout. Pick like one movement and train it well.


    As you progress on this routine, you're going to hit a point where your body gets burnt out, mainly because this routine is so intensive on your CNS that it'll overtrain you. The way to avoid this is by "deloading". There are several different methods of deloading, but what worked best for me with this routine was to train with approximately 70% of the volume of a previous workout. SO if you went the full 5x5, this would be 3x5 or 5x3 for a workout.

    Every 4 weeks or so, do both workout A and workout B with 70% of the training volume for one full workout, and then go back to where you were.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  6. socratic is offline

    How do elenchus?

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,837

    Posted On:
    1/15/2009 12:59am


     Style: gah, transition again

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do dragon flags or ab rollouts if you've got access to the equipment and want to train your abs.

    Otherwise maybe situps or something holding a weight plate to your chest for added difficulty. I dunno, I never really found situps or chrunches particularly hard and could bump out about 10 before I started to feel it. Maybe my form was terrible or something. Dragon flags always kicked my ass, though.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32
  7. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    1/15/2009 8:40am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I prefer ab pulldowns and saxon side bends for weighted movements.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  8. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,436

    Posted On:
    1/16/2009 5:17am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    Time for me to complicate things.

    First, you can still do some ab work if you're so inclined. Do it after the workout. Pick like one movement and train it well.


    As you progress on this routine, you're going to hit a point where your body gets burnt out, mainly because this routine is so intensive on your CNS that it'll overtrain you. The way to avoid this is by "deloading". There are several different methods of deloading, but what worked best for me with this routine was to train with approximately 70% of the volume of a previous workout. SO if you went the full 5x5, this would be 3x5 or 5x3 for a workout.

    Every 4 weeks or so, do both workout A and workout B with 70% of the training volume for one full workout, and then go back to where you were.
    Will remember that, thank you. :-) The single best workout I ever did, I can honestly say!

    Did yesterday the Day 1 routine plus 5x crunches as a complement for the summer sixpack.

    Today, Day 2 - only issue is that I need to be quicker through to it. Got to save some time!

    BTW, how much cardio would youm recommend me to do along it? :-)
    Always do like 20 to 30 min on the crosstrainer or stepper.
  9. Asriel is offline
    Asriel's Avatar

    I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,795

    Posted On:
    1/16/2009 7:12am

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    I prefer ab pulldowns and saxon side bends for weighted movements.
    I quite like hanging leg raises
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

    " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

    "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

    "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

    "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

  10. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    1/17/2009 3:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't really consider a leg raise a weighted movement, unless you're wearing ankle weights or something like that.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.