Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2010 6:12pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Rupture Clothing: American Made MMA Gear and Apparel Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larfox View Post
    Wouldn't let me PM you, so the number is on your wall. Thanks for the update.
    No problem. Your order was shipped this afternoon and I've asked our warehouse to email it to you personally.

Just FYI, we ship every order within 24-72 hours, in case you do decide to order from us again after receiving your rash guards. We're well within that window with your order and I think you'll like our products.

Regards,

Nick

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    9/13/2010 5:09pm

Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rupture PTSi Rash Guards

I am a firm believer in rash guards. When I began training, I used to roll in cotton t-shirts. I was consistently overheating and as a result tiring out after about 2-3 minutes into each 5 minute round. I became a fervent supporter of rash guards after using one for the very first time. At this point, I am a rash guard snob. I've owned a bunch of different brands of varying material mixes, thicknesses, lengths, and fits. There are some that just take up space in the closet now because they just don't feel right or perform (dry and breathe) like they should.

Before I bought the previous generation of Rupture rash guards, the Champion Double Dry tops were my favorite (yeah, I know) because of their length, fit, breathability, and ability to quickly dry. The previous Rupture RG's became my favorites after the first time I wore them.

Rupture has since come out with their PTSi line. I jumped on the opportunity to pick a couple up and quickly pre-ordered 2 (one black/orange and one black/blue). They were delivered in July/August and I've been training/living with them since. Here are my impressions.

First, here is some eye-candy:

Front

Back

The first thing I noticed is that the material is SLIGHTLY thinner than the previous Rupture RG's. The old material is great in that it is thicker than most rash guards but still very flexible. It made it very easy to move but at the same time it was very difficult to accidentally grab a handful of material. The new material a LITTLE thinner, but for some reason is more difficult to grab on to (NICE!). Nobody has accidentally grabbed a handful of the new rash guard when going for my lapel. Now, don't get me wrong when I say it is 'thinner'; it is still thicker than all of my other rash guards (with the exception being a surf rash guard that feels like a straight-jacket when I wear it). It is NOT flimsy in any sense of the word.

The new material also dries quicker than the old material which helps to cool me when I'm training (evaporative cooling).

Moving in the new rash guard is still a great experience. The material has a LOT of stretch and doesn't bind anywhere, even the armpits.

The length is still there and is longer than any of the other tops I own. It completely covers my ass and will only slide up if I am wearing my compression shorts (which are slick). It will NOT roll up no matter how had I trained that day. When it happens, sliding up is infinitely better than rolling up.

The collar is slightly higher in the newer rash guard compared to the older ones. I prefer a low/no collar rash guards so the new collar took a LITTLE getting used to. It is by no means as high as say a Kikskin rash guard collar which I can't wear due to discomfort. I just had to adjust to the feeling of a collar being there. This is my only real (minor) nit-pick with the new version.

I have washed the new rash guards several times (my training partners thank me). There has been no fading on any of the lettering or the side panels. I haven't had the balls to wash them on hot yet (Rupture assures me that the tops won't shrink or fade even on hot), but I may build up the courage if one stinks really bad after a training session.

Verdict

The new PTSi rash guards have become my favorite tops, supplanting Rupture's previous version. My stockpile of rash guards from about a dozen different low and high end manufacturers of varying cost ($10 - $50) are now considered back-ups.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the shorts next.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/13/2010 11:25pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullshido members endorse this company

Rupture represented at the 2010 Mega:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58895_432277684589_738249589_4827883_2275792_n.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	11322  

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2010 5:06pm

Style: Boxing, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When will these black shorts become available again in size 32?

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    12/14/2010 5:39pm

Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rupture PTSi Rash Guard update

This is just a quick update on the Rupture PTSi Rash Guard.

I've been wearing them for the past 15 or so weeks, each one getting worn at least twice per week. I train 5-6 times per week so they've been worn/washed at least 30 times a piece since I received them.

The PTSi guards have no wear or tear. The fabric hasn't pilled, frayed, 'scuffed', or anything else. The previous generation of rash guards began to 'soften' on area which were prone to grabbing and friction (near the wrists, around the collar). It wasn't severe at all (the fabric wasn't compromised), but noticeable. The newest tops don't appear to have this issue.

The stitching is staying in place (no fraying), and they don't smell.

That bears repeating: they don't smell like anything.

I use a scent-free laundry detergent and hang-dry them. There aren't any perfumes to cover up any smell that may build up. But there just isn't any funk in them at all. Other rash guards begin to get the training 'funk' after a couple of months even though I baby my training equipment (gis are washed every day, rash guards are hung to dry out then washed every other day).

The color has stayed: no fading, no rub-off, no bleeding.

The elasticity has remained constant. They aren't stretching out or loosening up at all.

They are still like I just got them.

Still my go-to tops.

Can't wait for the PTSi shorts!

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 7:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A note about the white/red rashguards: Be careful with washing. Washed mine at 10 degrees celsius water and I now have a dashing pink/red rashguard. Kinda sad. I'd probably stick to handwashing these.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 8:40am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bought two of the PTSI rashguards in December of 2010. I'm not going to try to add to the other reviews other than to say I will never wear a rashguard made by someone else for as long as Rupture stays in business.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just ordered one of the PTSI rashies.
    I would have also ordered shorts if you had any in my size :)

Posted On:
    4/13/2011 9:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ,Muay Thai,-MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah everytime I look they never have the fight shorts in stock or in my size. I also wanted a long sleeved PTSi rash guard in a large in black, but they never seem to have them. So I'm going to wait a bit longer then I guess Ill another brand.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234