Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2009 12:13am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sprawl shorts and customer service review

Alright, everyone. Here's my review of some CSIxSprawl shorts and the customer service I was given.

Customer Service:
    First of all, the service was fantastic. I wouldn't decide between a 34 or 36 size, and initially ordered the size 36 brown shorts that are on clearance. Well, the helpful people at their CS department recommended a 34, and offered me a selection of shorts at the clearance prices before they were available online (they are now).

I purchased the shorts because I'm sick of huge basketball shorts and other shorts that go past the knee/offer limited use in the weight room or jujutsu.

9/10, only because the shipping was a bit delayed.

Shorts:
    Now, the shorts look fantastic on the whole, but inspecting their stitching and construction leaves me something to be desired. Perhaps these slipped by quality control, or maybe this is how they all are, but there are stitching faults that alarm me in a premium pair of shorts.

I'm not going to describe them for fear of embellishment or hyperbole. Here's the pics of the exact places I'm concerned about.

If these faults had been absent, the shorts would be a 9/10, because the main short material (not the crotch panel) isn't as stretchy as I anticipated. There's very little stretch at all for what the site describes of V-Flexes.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2009 5:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bought a pair of Gripflex Sprawl shorts and I was similarly unimpressed by the quality of the stitching. In places there were strands sticking out, and areas where the stitching looked very rushed. For such a costly set of shorts, I really felt that it could have been better. The seam also came lose at the velcro fly area (for no real reason), so I'm going to have stitch that back up. On the plus side, they are comfortable and have a good fit. The material is pretty good, and the grip part in the legs is a cool addition.
    In light of the quality control issues, I don't think I'll buy Sprawl shorts again.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2009 5:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bought a pair of Gripflex Sprawl shorts and I was similarly unimpressed by the quality of the stitching. In places there were strands sticking out, and areas where the stitching looked very rushed. For such a costly set of shorts, I really felt that it could have been better. The seam also came lose at the velcro fly area (for no real reason), so I'm going to have stitch that back up. On the plus side, they are comfortable and have a good fit. The material is pretty good, and the grip part in the legs is a cool addition.
    In light of the quality control issues, I don't think I'll buy Sprawl shorts again.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2009 3:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe the stitching problems were the reason for them being on clearance? They seem to be popular with a lot of fighters so ...maybe..

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2009 1:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have three pairs of the Sprawl GripFlex XT and the stitching on all of them is solid. Don't really have anything bad to say about them, other than they are expensive.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 8:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone tell me if these Sprawl shorts are all lined?