Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/30/2003 2:10pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, right now getting through the borders is a bitch for us up north.

I'm up for anything here in Vancity. I know JKDChick and Shironinja are up here. Anyone else want to do something on this side of the border, I'm in.

6 inches of snow forecasted. It's a cold bitch up here. I really, really, really, miss Los Angeles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    12/30/2003 2:18pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is it such a pain to cross the border? You canucks look just like us yanks... I admit, though, I haven't been up North since before the war started, so I don't have any first hand experience with the border patrol's upgrades...

Personally, I don't care where it is (as long as I can find it). I just really enjoy getting together with other folks and seeing how things work, how things don't work, etc. I learn tons about my own art this way...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2003 2:38pm

Style: kali/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just happen to see this. This would be a riot. If it happens, sign me up. I might even know a place in shoreline (very north seattle) that could be rented out. It also just happens to be fully equipped with mats and what not. It shouldn't be to hard to find out if it's possible. If you're fimiliar with Seattle area, It's Denise Geroux (sort of) Gym called Shizendo. (Long story) But she's a pretty cool woman who happens to teach JKD and MT and it's all her stuff. Last time I heard it's not being used on Saturdays.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/30/2003 2:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Works for me. I'm starting Judo back up next week, as well as BJJ. I'd like to see how my grappling skills work against strikers.
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

shadow weight

Posted On:
    12/30/2003 4:27pm

supporting member
     Style: yes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I'd like to learn more about how my striking skills get turned against me by a grappler!

I honestly do not have a large amount of grappling experiences. Of recent we do NHB for fun every now and then in TKD ... but obviously this is against other TKD stylists so not a good representation of grappling.

When I spar at tournaments I've preferred to enter continuous sparring categories with head contact (vs kickboxers/MT/Joe Schmoe whoever).
    Last edited by shironinja; 12/30/2003 4:29pm at .
    Now or never.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/04/2004 4:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted earlier on another thread about me playing with this TKD chick.

I owned her. It was quite uplifting.

Disregard that she was 5 foot 3 or something weighing 100lbs, and me 6 foot 240lbs.

Her high kicks meant nothing to the shooting in death of BJJ!!!1!1!!1

Definately the prettiest girl I've ever mounted while grappling. =o)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2004 2:22am

Style: stand up,clinch,ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you can count me in for a seattle event

shadow weight

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 2:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *cough*

...?
    Now or never.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    1/17/2004 5:05am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got a message from Dibble that she didn't have any heartburn about my trying to get something going...

That having been said, I've been as busy as a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest the past two weeks at work... I have gone from supervising 2 - 3 people to supervising 9 - 10, and the workload has done nothing but increase.

That having been said, the worst of it is over, and things are starting to fall into a groove. This means I should have some time this week to make some phone calls, get some info.

I'm going to look into the same place as last time because:

a) No worrisome legal issues to resolve (i.e. waivers of liability);

b) No worrisome fees (if everybody pays a few dollars, we play pretty much as long as we like);

c) Given the locations of all involved (from Portland all the way to B.C.), it is pretty centrally located.

So.

I will look into this, and will aim at the weekend of 7 February (unless everyone chimes in with a different date).

0900 - 1430ish shall be the time, and the time shall be 0900 - 1430ish.

Topics for discussion, presentation and practice TBD (suggestions are welcome).

This doesn't mean, however, that the always sunny Dibble is off the hook for the Bellingham get together... Nor does that mean that our plans for a Vancouver event are off either.

In point of fact, I'd like to see both events happen before the summer... I'm planning on coming up to Vancouver in March (Jon Funk is holding his annual tournament, and I'm thinking about returning to competition just for the grins of it), and am always willing and able to schedule a road trip up north...

So... Suggestions for 7 February, Lakewood area, are welcome and solicited. I look forward to further discussion.

shadow weight

Posted On:
    1/20/2004 1:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Yiliquan1
    I'm planning on coming up to Vancouver in March (Jon Funk is holding his annual tournament, and I'm thinking about returning to competition just for the grins of it),
    Good stuff. Thought I would post more info for anyone else interested in that tournament. My first time to it was in 2003 and know that it is a fun time with varied divisions. I look forward to getting knocked around in 2004.

http://www.mantiskungfu.com/TigerBalmInternationals.htm
    Now or never.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast