Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 3:13pm

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

SuperKicks Kung Fu (Amazing Kung Fu school)

I've been with this school for a year now. It's honestly the best martial arts school I've ever trained at, and I cannot wait to train every week.

The style taught is Shaolin Chuan Fa Kung Fu. It's essentially a mix of Mei Hua Quan (Plum Flower), 5 Animals, and Shaolin Longfist. It has strikes, forms, weapons, and grappling. (not crappling, but actual ground grappling)

It's a great style, that encompasses alot. The teachers are fantastic. Sifu Gia Wilson is the highest ranking female in the system (7th degree) who has many titles in Point Karate, TKD, and has fought in the World Combat League. Sifu Charles Wilson is a 3rd degree black sash has many titles in Point Karate, TKD, and Grappling, and is also a Pro Kickboxer and MMA fighter. He is the current Total Fight Challenge 145lb champion, and also has fought in the World Combat League.

There is a fight team too. It's called the Double Tap Fight Crew. Fighters on the team fight in everything from Kickboxing, San Shou, Grappling, and MMA/NHB.

I believe Superkicks is what every Kung Fu school should be, but honestly is above all the rest.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 3:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think you need to read the stickies at the top of this forum, and perhaps alter your ratings a bit.

Ratings and You - Read This Before Posting Your Review - No BS Martial Arts

RATINGS: How Do Aliveness.....does your school look like this? - No BS Martial Arts

i'm not knocking your school. it sounds awesome, but to claim a "9" in striking would mean that your school is placing competitors at national level full contact tournaments and they are winning. if this is true, then your review should mention belt holders that train at your school.

same goes for grappling. if they aren't taking tops at national level tournaments, then a "9" is too high.

weapons work is trickier to gauge... do you guys do weapons work like the dog brothers? if no, scale back that number.

i'm sure people would like to hear about the grappling, and who is teaching it, what their background is, etc.

also, where is it located? that info might be useful.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 3:53pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow 9 in grappling? what time does Rickson and Genki show up to class? I am very interested!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 4:01pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like a kiddie mcdojo from the website. I don't see records of your "fight team" anywhere winning any local or national tournaments. I don't see any instructors on your webiste worthy of getting over a 4 in grappling. All the videos are of kids
    How old are you?
    Have you ever done martial arts before belonging to this school?

For example, this school was given approx the same ratings that you gave your own school:

Please note this is an ATT school where Thiago Alveras trains and coaches:

http://www.attftl.com/

Review:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...hlight=florida
    Last edited by default; 1/20/2009 4:28pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 4:43pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by default
    It looks like a kiddie mcdojo from the website. I don't see records of your "fight team" anywhere winning any local or national tournaments. I don't see any instructors on your webiste worthy of getting over a 4 in grappling. All the videos are of kids
    How old are you?
    Have you ever done martial arts before belonging to this school?
    Whoa Whoa Whoa.
    I pulled all this initial information off their website here and his initial post:

They have a fight team.
    http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder.p...20Fight%20Crew

They have an instructor who fights local MMA and WCL which I'd argue is national.
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Charles-Wilson-14776
    He is listed as an instructor.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Leo-Perez-15220

YouTube - TFC 7 Charles Wilson vs Miguel Torres Rd. 2

I see you added to your initial comments and added something constructive. That is appreciated. I agree the numbers are a little high for my taste.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 4:56pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    place looks pretty legit to me. If they're sending people to MMA, naga, and WCL they must be doing something right.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 5:14pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, here is one more tidbit as I was looking for a BJJ rank.

http://www.nagafighter.com/chicago_m...sults_nogi.asp

NO-GI Intermediate Feather Weight
    1st Cyril Chen BJJ Revolution
    2nd Charles Wilson Superkicks
    3rd Dan Doerner Saulo Riberio
    http://www.worldcombatleague.com/_fi.../wilson_c.html

Also, his bio is on the website:
    http://www.superkickskungfu.com/inde...ask=view&id=70

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 5:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First thing I want to say... Superkicks is NOT a mcdojo by any means. The instruction is fantastic quality, the prices reasonable, and for the fact that we actually fight.

Sorry if I ranked everything to high (fixed the ratings for ya). But in the CMA community, no one is doing what Superkicks is doing.

My Sifu (Sifu Charles) has competed in NAGA, Midwest Jiu Jitsu Championships, Total Fight Challenge, Ironheart Crown, and more. He defeated Josh "The Triangular Strangular" Pearson via triangle choke to with the TFC Featherweight title. He was suppose to fight Eddie Wineland in February for the Bantamweight title, but Wineland bowed out. He also had a damn good fight with Miguel Torres, and knocked down Torres quite a few times.

We also had a bigger MMA team before, but we had to kick a few guys out. The team has gotten reformed. I am a member on the team.

Any other questions?

EDIT: Hey default. I am 18 and have done martial arts for about 5 years. I've trained with some good coaches (even a former MT world champ) and none of them compare to Sifu Charles.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 6:34pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KFighter
    First thing I want to say... Superkicks is NOT a mcdojo by any means. The instruction is fantastic quality, the prices reasonable, and for the fact that we actually fight.

Sorry if I ranked everything to high (fixed the ratings for ya). But in the CMA community, no one is doing what Superkicks is doing.
    ]Thanks for the adjustments.

I'm glad you train at a "kung fu" school that trains hard. The only problem with your statements are the "blanket" ones. You are not the only school doing, what I'm going to assume, is competing and teaching legit grappling. You have people that post here, some training before you were born, doing what you think your school is the only one doing.

Now, is it a small sampling? Yes.
    Is it a good thing that you compete? Yes.
    Is it outstanding that you have a guy with a legit Grappling background? Yes.

Is your school the only one that does this in the CMA community? No.

Our very own Omega has a background that pretty much Mirrors your school.
    David Ross (A limited poster) has a similar background.
    IIRC Ming Loyalist may have a similar thing at his school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2009 8:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know we aren't the only school, but we are few in the many. I know about Omega, and talked to him about Kung Fu before and how to be taken seriously as a KF stylist. I apologize for the blanket statements, but I'm glad I got to share info about my school with you all.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast