Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^
    learned this from taking ribs shots from guys like Sochin

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 10:11am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im suprised no one is mentioning this, but if the guy is taller then you and out weighs you, you better have some technique. On a level playing field the bigger man wins 9 out of 10 times.

With that bieng said I will give you my opinion, wich comes from a bigger guy. Im 6'1 225 pounds.

I love nothing more then when a shorter oponent forgets to work angles. Alot of times people will start a fight using angles and counter punches but after a bit of fatigue they start standing right in front of me.

Do not stay flat footed and never.. under any circumstances leave yourself flat footed lined up.

I would also throw your clinch plans out of the window. Your giving up alot of weight and I know if a smaller oppenent tried to get the clinch with me I would just try to use that to my advantage. If you land it its a different matter, but setting it up requires that you are close and linear. I would advise against this and simply work angles and timing, lots of counter punches and keep working.
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 10:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    Im suprised no one is mentioning this, but if the guy is taller then you and out weighs you, you better have some technique. On a level playing field the bigger man wins 9 out of 10 times.
    you fat dutch fucker....you dont read my posts do you?!
    i posted that earlier on.
    read moar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 10:40am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzal
    This had me thinking the other day that isn't having classes divided weight abit arbitrary? Why not heightt? Or reach?

I suppose weight=mass, but doesn't the system as it stands make it difficult for stocky fighters?
    Or tall guys :(

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 10:43am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingle Lebells
    you fat dutch fucker....you dont read my posts do you?!
    i posted that earlier on.
    read moar.
    You of all people should know I try to skip as many of your posts as possible. :love4:
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 11:07am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, it's time to face harsh reality here: you're planning on fighting somebody who's a good bit taller than you and who has about 15 kilos on you. You say you have better training than him, but the fact that you're on here asking for advice, combined with the fact that you were planning on staying on the outside and counter punching tells me that you just don't have the experience necessary to compensate for this guys size advantage.

If it's just a heavy sparring session for shits and giggles, then cool, get ready to take a loss, have fun and try to learn something. If it's something more serious, where you face the chance of getting badly injured, you might be better off swallowing your pride and backing out.

Seriously though, you wanted to work from the outside? and you're 5' 8"? Come on, you must be shorter than most of the people you train with, has outfighting ever worked for you against the taller people?

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 11:13am

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want it recorded.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 11:24am

Style: hard work work

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP your thread title is a little misleading because this guy is not just taller, he is plain bigger. How's your conditioning? Is this a situation where you two are determined to go 3 or 5 minutes? If you're confident that your tank is bigger and it's not just a friendly spar where he'll ask for a breather when he's gassed, I would say try to wear him out. 6' 175 doesn't sound like much of a fatty, though.

Whoops I just re-read your post (reading comprehension FTL). If you admit your conditioning blows, swing for the fences and hope for the one-shot. Post vids.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 11:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gungfu, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm only going to say thing because no one else seemed to mention it. When, and it should, does go to the ground, be wary while in hi guard for his long-ass legs, even if he doesn't have any kinda training, his natural reaction will probably be to climb his legs up and either **** up your chances of GnP by kicking you in the head or giving you a tangle of legs to mosh through, he coould also get a triangle around your head with those long legs. But if h doesn't have nay ground skills, I probably wouldn't even worry about it, but you may never know. represent the little skinny guys!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 1:09pm

Style: Roshi Hermit Karate/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your foot works better, than you've probably already won this fight before it started. Clusmy tall man against agile short man. Work to the inside, because a bat will beat a pencil any day. You wanna do something magical? Kick at those legs of his.
    Last edited by Uncle_Phil; 1/09/2009 1:14pm at .
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast