Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 3:18pm

Style: Capoeira, Sombo, BJJ, RVT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

SOMBO Serious Business

So I was wondering if any of you had any ideas as to drills or movement based training that would help me develop some of the direction changing throws excuted here...

YouTube - Sambo

It is kind of like Kurinnoy will go from full speed in one direction to full speed in the opposite direction with no hitches or halts of motion. Any ideas are welcome and helpful.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 3:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Example 0:56

Also any suggestions on how to do/improve my Gadavlia will be greatly appreciated.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 9:06pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heelhook, you should get the DVD-ROM those vids came from. It contains the answers you seek :)

Lots and lots of footwork and transition drills...and time, practice, and patience.

Having trained in Russia with Kurinnoy and his team, I will tell you that they train like animals day in and day out. 10 days there beat the **** out of me. Watching him move though is like watching water. his fluidity is awsome.

Most important in terms of drills is to do lots of slow, but alive work where you can work those transitions freely. Training against 100% resistance is key, so is technical practice, but you need the middle ground where you can train in a workshop fashion to get comfortable with the movements and motions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 9:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Salutes* I am on it Steve. I already do "alive" wrestling 6 days a week, so I suppose time is key. =) Kurrinnoy is AMAZING =)