223982 Bullies, 4238 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 64
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. MOSSROCK is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2

    Posted On:
    1/12/2010 2:50am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Jon T,

    I have trained with the National Karate Academies for some years now and I can tell you from experience that Professor Steve Miranda is an extremely talented martial artist and a fantastic person! He has trained with & hosted some of the biggest names in martial arts over the years, he knows his stuff! His credentials ARE real and he earnt his rank & title thanks to his peers through other crediable martial arts organisations all over. I need to also mention Professor does not just train with "compliant opponents" as mentioned in the threads, most of what many see from him are demonstrations and not "bar-brawls", so of course his opponents are to some degree not going full tilt!. That said I personally have had the pleasure of being shown some teqhniques from him and let me tell you they hurt... he applies just enough to let you know he is in control but of course he is not setting out to deliberatley injure any of his students/opponents. I have also trained with many of his chief instructors... more "full-on" stuff, and these guys are fast & crisp, real talent indeed! The NKA teaches people of all ages, genda & abilities so there needs to be rules as to how much punishment is dished out or people will not return to training if they get hammered all the time. Yes there are organisations all over that are quite "hard core" and this is great for some people, just not all people. But many other organisations like the NKA train people in effective martial arts that has proven to work when the need arises. It sort of like GM vs Ford... not everyone agrees on which is best, but I can tell you that if you ARE proficient at any martial art style, you WILL be able to protect yourself & your family in most cases. For one I love it, so do my kids... so give it a go. But it may not be for you, who knows... remember you will only ever get out of it what you put into it! Cheers...
  2. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,194

    Posted On:
    1/12/2010 2:57am

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is it just me or does this thread read something like-

    account #1 makes flimsy accusation to highlight a group

    account #2 and 3 come in with the exact same posting style defending his honour, nobody else really gives a ****

    account #4 comes in after like a year and posts the exact same sentiment in a very similar style to the previous 2 to bump a thread about a guy obviously nobody here really gives a hoot about

    smell much?
  3. Evil Solvalou is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    880

    Posted On:
    1/12/2010 6:52am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steve needs to teach his students to use paragraphs.
  4. Whathappened is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    611

    Posted On:
    1/12/2010 11:39am


     Style: Wing Chun Kuen

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The PR machine is working full-tilt today.
    "Every art is the same."
    My ass.

    That is about as respectful as saying, "All golf clubs are the same" to Tiger Woods.
  5. MOSSROCK is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2

    Posted On:
    1/12/2010 6:03pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where does it say "every art is the same"?? If you must comment...great, just get the facts right!
    (paragraph)
    Again we can discuss "which is best" all day, my experience with several art-forms has made me believe that most have benefits and will help you defend yourself (hence the words "self-defence") in most cases. Yes many of you won't agree... that's cool, I don't really care! But I suppose many people out there also never try new foods or travel to different countries, so a "different" martial art other than their own would be taboo!!
    (paragraph)
    And have you seen Tiger Woods hit a golf ball? No not all clubs are the same to him (he is/was sponsored remember) but they make little difference which brand he uses!!
    (paragraph)
    At least you are all talking & thinking about it...PR in action!!
  6. Iainkelt is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    S. St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    539

    Posted On:
    1/13/2010 1:07pm


     Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOSSROCK View Post
    Where does it say "every art is the same"?? If you must comment...great, just get the facts right!
    (paragraph)
    Again we can discuss "which is best" all day, my experience with several art-forms has made me believe that most have benefits and will help you defend yourself (hence the words "self-defence") in most cases.
    (paragraph)
    And have you seen Tiger Woods hit a golf ball? No not all clubs are the same to him (he is/was sponsored remember) but they make little difference which brand he uses!!
    (paragraph)
    At least you are all talking & thinking about it...PR in action!!
    "Most" martial arts will help you defend yourself in most cases? Bullshit. You could spend 20 years studying yellow bamboo, Brinn Jiu-jitsu, or Choson Ninja style (whatever he calls it) or any of the thousands of other complete steaming piles of crap, and it wouldn't help you defend yourself in ANY case, let alone "most" cases. In fact it would almost assuredly end up being the reason you got your ass kicked even worse then you would have otherwise. There are a number of totally valid styles out there, and for each one of them there are likely to be multiple students on this site. So stop it with the "you guys are closed minded" routine.

    Also, the idea that Tiger Woods doesn't very specifically choose his clubs and have them built to his taste is ridiculous. Long after he was signed to Nike he still used other clubs because his contract specifically stated that he was under no obligation to do so, and would only switch once Nike built clubs that he felt were superior to what he already was using. So, yes, the kind of clubs he uses does matter despite his skill level and natural gifts.

    I don't know the first thing about National Karate Academy, and honestly I don't really care much, but the obvious PR aspect of all the postings here aren't helping their case any.
  7. Jack M is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    1/14/2010 4:38pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    "Most" martial arts will help you defend yourself in most cases? Bullshit. You could spend 20 years studying yellow bamboo, Brinn Jiu-jitsu, or Choson Ninja style (whatever he calls it) or any of the thousands of other complete steaming piles of crap, and it wouldn't help you defend yourself in ANY case, let alone "most" cases. In fact it would almost assuredly end up being the reason you got your ass kicked even worse then you would have otherwise. There are a number of totally valid styles out there, and for each one of them there are likely to be multiple students on this site. So stop it with the "you guys are closed minded" routine.

    Also, the idea that Tiger Woods doesn't very specifically choose his clubs and have them built to his taste is ridiculous. Long after he was signed to Nike he still used other clubs because his contract specifically stated that he was under no obligation to do so, and would only switch once Nike built clubs that he felt were superior to what he already was using. So, yes, the kind of clubs he uses does matter despite his skill level and natural gifts.

    I don't know the first thing about National Karate Academy, and honestly I don't really care much, but the obvious PR aspect of all the postings here aren't helping their case any.
    Guys,
    I do now MMA and have for years now I have respect for traditional styles, kung fu, kenpo, judo, jujitsu, freestyles, etc. We learn from these styles. MMA is loosing respect due to no respect to other established styles. You people that do MMA and have no respect for great masters which we all originally learnt from and do so much for the community need to grow up and stop acting like wankers. Big problem with a lot of MMA is respect, it will fail due to big fat ego problems, no one and I mean no one likes wankers. MMA is becoming a wanker, ego, martial art to the community not good for us guys, so you guys like me that do MMA watch what you say, show respect to all styles and masters.
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    1/14/2010 4:44pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack M View Post
    Guys,
    I do now MMA and have for years now I have respect for traditional styles, kung fu, kenpo, judo, jujitsu, freestyles, etc. We learn from these styles.
    Apparently, not MMA.

    MMA is loosing respect due to no respect to other established styles. You people that do MMA and have no respect for great masters which we all originally learnt from and do so much for the community need to grow up and stop acting like wankers. Big problem with a lot of MMA is respect, it will fail due to big fat ego problems, no one and I mean no one likes wankers. MMA is becoming a wanker, ego, martial art to the community not good for us guys, so you guys like me that do MMA watch what you say, show respect to all styles and masters.
    This entire post is full of egotistical remarks. Everything you just described is inherent in the styles of the so called "great master." That is hwy we have the great BS dichotomy of internal vs external in CMA.
  9. Whathappened is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    611

    Posted On:
    1/14/2010 9:48pm


     Style: Wing Chun Kuen

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack M View Post
    Big problem with a lot of MMA is respect, it will fail due to big fat ego problems, no one and I mean no one likes wankers. MMA is becoming a wanker, ego, martial art to the community not good for us guys, so you guys like me that do MMA watch what you say, show respect to all styles and masters.
    Or maybe its because great masters are butthurt and hiding behind respect to not "get in the water" so to speak. I remember a time when "great masters" would use the same tactics to block the nationalisation of my country's education system (history lessons).
  10. Jack M is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    1/15/2010 12:21am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whathappened View Post
    Or maybe its because great masters are butthurt and hiding behind respect to not "get in the water" so to speak. I remember a time when "great masters" would use the same tactics to block the nationalisation of my country's education system (history lessons).
    As I said, no respect in some MMA just proved my point. Thank you.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.