Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2009 5:39pm

Style: jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

seicho jutsu

seicho jutsu, style created by, Canadian Daniel Verkerke. I have noticed that there is not much information on him, so I decided to do some research myself. I came across him because my local jujutsu instructur told about how he trained with him once, so I looked up the style. Alot of the videos and lectures the guy has posted around the web look very, unpractical, and lacking alot of important steps. Doing further research through asking my sensei, the only provable martial art that this guy has claimed to be in is judo, and there is no record of how much. He claims to know jujutsu judo, and of course, ninjutsu, all 3 combined is what he calls seicho jutsu. As soon as I seen his ninjutsu claims, that was my first skeptiscm of his claims, his claims are based on " I trained in ninjutsu in the 80's when it was popular" yah well so did ashida kim, and we all no how far that got him. insepcting his videos it looks as if he has some basic judo knowlegde but the demonstrations he gives are very simplistic and he hardly performs it himself. His style of seicho jutsu, from observation is very lacking and unpractical and looks like a mixture of street fighting with some basic judo. It looks like he doesn't know what he is doing or what others are doing to him. Overall I wouldn't want him as a teacher.

YouTube - Seicho Jutsu Expo2000
    Last edited by kaoru666; 1/08/2009 2:00pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 12:22pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is the actual fraud you are alleging here? Please explain and also provide links and perhaps use paragraphs to make for easier viewing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 2:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the fraud I am purposing is he really does not know what he says he knows, such as ninjutsu
    http://www.bushido.org/whfsc/grandmaster/verkerke.htm
    his style that he created really does not have elements of alot of what he claims to know. Also he claims to have learned, Angelic ninjutsu and koga from ronald duncan. He claims he is a ninth dan, and due to his lectures and videos, I don't believe he knows anything more than a bit of judo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, according to the website, he claims he is a tenth dan in ninjutsu. I suppose you could further investigate that claim but who really cares? He started his own style so you really can't accuse him of fraud. Perhaps this thread belongs in YMAS. Besides anyone who invents a Canadian martial art is a total badass!

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 4:07pm

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You OP. I call BS on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by OP
    He (GM) claims he is a ninth dan...
    You are so wrong, and so off the mark and such a nOOb at this. Our revered Grandmaster claims 10th degree in Angelic Ninjitsu.

"Seicho Jutsu Grandmaster Daniel Verkerke who was certified 9th degree Black Belt in 1994 by Grandmaster McEaddy received his 10th degree Black Belt."

Just check out the moves here, : http://bushido.org/grounthrow.htm,

Because he is the real thing, he has put his disclaimer as follows.

These are experts. Trying to copy these techniques will result in injury.
    Last edited by KO'd N DOA; 1/08/2009 4:10pm at .

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 5:02pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Videos like on that website make me REALLY mad. There is absolutely NO REASON to hurt your uke like that. I believe it is all part of the traumatic mental conditioning process these shysters use. By hurting your uke every time you do a move to them you create a conditioned response in your own students so that they react a certain way every time you touch them. Frankly it disgusts me. Students that flinch from their instructors are a real shame. You should trust your instructor not be physically afraid of them every time they touch you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2009 5:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that's what improper training results in. Flashy moves that attract unknowledgeable people, but are not really effective and dangerous if not practised right

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 8:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kaoru666,
    I think we all see your point, however crappy training does not equal fraud.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2009 10:32am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not fraud, but it looks more like bad hapkido to me then anything

Posted On:
    1/14/2009 12:22pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!