Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/27/2011 11:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate/TKD/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello All,

Sorry to resurrect a 1 1/2 year-old thread; especially in my first post to these forums. But I found this site from a Google search on "Snake Blocker". Evidently, Mr. Blocker has been in contact with my (now ex) girlfriend. Apparently they go back some years.

In my own research (aside from his kick-boxing experience), the only legitimate instructor that Snake Blocker lists in his credentials, who I recognize, is Paul Vunak.

So I contacted an old training partner of mine, Seth Weil, who is one of Sifu Vunak's top instructors. According to Seth, he's never heard of "Snake Blocker"; and that most likely, Mr. Blocker was certified through one of Sifu Vunak's weekend seminars. I was also informed that Sifu Vunak & his organization are no longer recognizing these "past" certifications.

HTG

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 3:27am

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is also connected some how with Hock Hochheim..... another winner. I wonder if he is really Jicarilla Apache as he claims to be.

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 9:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL I remember this tool. We all had a laugh on another forum about him, then somebody found his facebook page so we all befriended him. He defriended me when I openly challenged his claims on FB about his muay thai background.

I keep in touch with one of his family members (not blood) so if you're hard up for information I can probably approach them but I'd rather not get them involved unless it's necessary. Needless to say his muay thai skills are ummm certainly unorthadox and there are a couple of his fights on youtube. His real name is Jason Blocker.

Here you can see his shitty technique in action. Stupid floating lead arm and no sense of range whatsoever. **** guard, open jaw, **** footwork, whoever thought he was competent enough to hold his own the ring is clearly insane.

@ 2:38 he is very lucky not to get kneed in the face. You can tell has no idea what to do in the clinch.

Unbelieveably, there is an even worse fight of his than this but I can't fight it right now.
    Last edited by heist; 3/22/2011 10:01am at .

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 10:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't he at one point have a training session with Geezere while deployed, or is that my head voice saying things that never happened... again?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 2:15pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blocker has spent time in many USO's overseas.

Also, he has t-shirts, aprons, ties, and skateboards with his sayings, etc.

http://www.zazzle.com/snakeblocker
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    4/01/2011 6:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to post to this thread last week but I, erm completely forgot. My bad.

If you take a look at:
    http://www.blockeracademy.com/www.bl...html?content.2

You'll see that he is listing:

Certified Level 10/Red Armband Instructor - Muay Thai/Thai Kickboxing
    received from Professor Freidun 'Iceman' Younossi, 11x Western Kickboxing World Champion
    Certified Instructor/Judan/Dark Red Hachimaki - Shinto-Ryu Kenjutsu
    received from Sensai Frediun 'Iceman' Younossi, 9th Degree Black Belt Shao-Do-Kahn & Weapon's Instructor
    4th Degree Black Belt/Sash - Modern Sil Lum Gung Fu
    received from Sifu Frediun 'Iceman' Younossi, 8th Degree Black Belt Black Belt Sil Lum Gung Fu
    Now, we happen to have a thread concerning Mr. Younossi, which I have been somewhat involved with. I remembered Mr. Blocker's name from back then:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58372

I also turned up this thread during my Googlings:
    http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14066

and this post in particular:
    http://www.twowheelfix.com/showpost....78&postcount=9
    04-02-2010, 11:40 AM #9
    This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Homeslice
    I don't get it........Is that page supposed to be real? Everyone on there looks like a crock of ****.

Exactly. But yes, everyone on there is supposed to be for real. Like I said, the guy pulled the wool over Spike TV's eyes, though I'm sure that's not hard.

Here's the short version: "Snake" Blocker (aka about 6 or 7 different competition names, but his real name is David Jason Blocker) is supposedly a "former Professional World Champion Title Belt - Muay Thai/Thai Kickboxing (jr. welter weight)" with the " International Muay Thai Society (IMTS)". He is also supposedly a US Army "combat instructor" and expert in Muay Thai and "Apache knife fighting," and a "certified instructor of Close Quarters Combatives Group," which has "military recognition." He even had a knife custom made by JW Smith and Sons (which you can buy on their website), specifically for his deployment to Afghanistan, where he is presumably slitting Taliban throats and tossing knives straight into Osama Bin Laden's chest.

Here in the real world, though, David Jason Blocker has never served in the US Army. He is a Petty Officer, 2nd Class, in the US Navy. By rate, he is an SK2. That's a shop keeper, the guys who sell you bubble gum from the ship's store. They might also cut hair. In Afghanistan, he works at the Bagram post office. That means, not only is he not a "combat instructor," and he's using his custom made knife to cut packing tape, he's on the safest base in Afghanistan, surrounded by tens of thousands of other service members. Some of whom actually know how to operate their weapons. He never leaves the FOB. He does, however, run a "Close Quarters Combatives Group" class on base. It's a "free" class that is allowed by MWR to happen in one of the base gyms. At one point, it was allowed to take place in one of the smaller camps on base where the Special Forces guys live. One or two Green Berets may have even attended once. Students of "Snake" Blocker's class are advised that they will need to purchase $70 to $100 of "martial arts training gear" per month.

The "combat instructor" was recently handed his ass by a soldier with a few months training in MCP (the Army's new combatives program). His reason? "I'm not a ground fighter."

Like I said, that's the short version. In the long version, well, the douchebaggery never ends. The deeper you dig, the worse it gets.
    and this one:
    http://www.twowheelfix.com/showpost....9&postcount=11

04-03-2010, 11:11 AM #11
    This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Homeslice
    And how is this tool still serving, without getting reprimanded for his lies?

Primarily because he's a reservist and his parent command probably doesn't give a ****, and his deployed command is too busy to fact check. If they even know. He's been called on a couple of his douchebag plays, but not enough to even scratch the surface.

The other reason would be legalese. Is he a US Army combat instructor? No. But he does teach a "combat" class, and some soldiers do attend. So trying to prosecute him or NJP him would be problematic, and that's the case with most of his claims. Is he a "Close Quarters Combatives Group certified instructor?" Yes, but he probably either traded favors for or bought the certification, because the guy who runs the "CQCG" is just as shady (can also be found on the "Blocker Academy" list of instructors). And apparently trading / selling bogus martial arts certifications that are, in a strict legal sense, "valid", is a thriving industry.
    Obviously, I am unable to vouch for the accuracy of the above - and it may indeed be internet hearsay or a calculated attempt to smear the man from someone he's pissed off somewhere along the line...

Gezere is probably in a better position to comment on whether any of it sounds accurate, having met the fellow and all...

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/02/2011 4:59am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SNAAAKKE!!! SNAAAAAAAAKKEEE!!!!

Snake IS an official Modern Army Combatives Program (MACP) Lvl I. I was an Assistant Instructor (AI) for his class. However from what I understand this was AFTER he made claims of being an Army Combat Instructor. He is a Navy reservist but we also had Airforce attend the classes so that isn't uncommon. He did teach a class at Bagram at the SF compound and yes he did have regular attendees. There was also a TKD class held by the Korean military will was also full. Basically the Fobbits on Bagram get bored. Also add to the fact that Snake was a celebrity got people to his class. He also got a magazine, apparently published by his academy, with him plastered all over it in the PX which added to his fame.I actually didn't know who he ws until someone referred me to a Bullshido thread about him. I didn't get to do stand up with him but any claims he had on any grappling proficiency was shattered quickly. He was one of the better students in the class but keep in mind the most have little to no MA experience so someone who has done almost anything will have a leg up on his fellow classmates.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/02/2011 2:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    I didn't get to do stand up with him but any claims he had on any grappling proficiency was shattered quickly. He was one of the better students in the class but keep in mind the most have little to no MA experience so someone who has done almost anything will have a leg up on his fellow classmates.
    I seem to recall reading he claimed a BJJ Blue under Mike Ombergovic, who is infamous for his homestudy courses

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/02/2011 5:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I seem to recall reading he claimed a BJJ Blue under Mike Ombergovic, who is infamous for his homestudy courses
    He had a very basic working of BJJ but no where near a blue belt at the time. One of my NCOs who is was a two stripe white belt at the time, blue now. was taking him pretty easily.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12