Posted On:
    1/06/2009 7:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai + Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Blocker Academy, Snake Blocker?

Alright guys,

Here's one that more able minds and connected bodies can work over. I used to personally train at this guys studio in Rancho Palos Verdes when I was 16-17. I recently set about tracking down the history of my various teachers, and this guys info rang all sorts of bells. When I was a kid, I didn't bother checking out any website, I just wanted some training on JKD and kickboxing.

Here's the URL for his main site: http://www.blockeracademy.com

At the time I was there, he was teaching escrima, JKD, kickboxing, knifeplay.

Thanks much.

Fear and bullets.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second ClassRecommendation First Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/06/2009 7:47am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are already working on that tangled web. It's really complicated.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    1/06/2009 9:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai + Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His (Ivan Silva) last IKF bout was a first round KO over California's David Blocker on April 23rd, 1998. - http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/newsp99jan-june.htm

Bout #6 IKKC World Jr. Welterweight Championship George "TNT" Tsutsui (Fairtex) defeated David "Snake" Blocker 2:38 3rd round TKO. - http://www.usmta.com/MTI-Review-1.htm

Brian Warren defeats Snake Blocker, unknown fight.. - YouTube - Brian vs Snake Blocker 2

Overall, I'm happy.. He at least had some ring experience (even if he lost), so I didn't quite waste my time there. Good luck though in the search for the truth!

Oh and this might help: Snake Blocker has also fought under the names of Jason Blocker, David Blocker, Kicking Dog, David Broker, Hummingbird, Mamba, and Snake Broker

Pulled it from the site.
    Last edited by twitch-; 1/06/2009 9:04am at .

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 5:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MCMAP/Army Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard about David "Snake" Blocker when I did a Google search for pictures of the port where my reserve unit was deployed. Once I read his bio, I contacted his chain of command in his reserve unit. Mr. Blocker is a U.S. Navy reserve Storekeeper - the guy you go to to get gear issued or order stuff. He is not, contrary to his claims, a "Special Forces Drill Instructor" or "Military CQC Instructor". I also contacted him, and his "explainations" of who authorized him to claim the titles he does are the worst sort of legalistic, hair-splitting double-talk imagineable. "Snake" Blocker MAY be a martial artist with some ring experience - but having your picture taken in your uniform swinging around a 4' broadsword in a rear-area camp in Kuwait is nothing to brag about. Neither is claiming to have "trained with" Special Operations forces - almost everyone in the military in the last 7 years can gin up that claim. The guy is a fraud. I've e-mailed him to that effect, and if I am ever unlucky enough to run into him in person, i'll say it to his face.

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 6:41pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you just hold onto this thread for a while it will fit into the rest of the "web" that scrapper describes. Since you are not a supporting member, you don't have access to some of the other threads. But it basically comes down to credential swapping between him and a bunch of other people. Including some people who are selling credentials.

So in a nut shell, he has had some kickboxing experience, which makes him one of the few in the "web" who have verifiable training. However, the rest of the stuff he claims is pure bull ****.

So don't waist your time. Or better yet, waist your time but do a thorough job of it and document every step of the way.

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    2/11/2009 8:12am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's with the snake dancing...

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/17/2009 3:50am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys.

I just spent the last week and a half with Snake getting him certified MACP Lvl 1 at Bagram. (course is normally a week but is split into two weeks due to work schedules) I knew nothing about him until that class and was introduced to him. I googled him and it led me here. I've only browsed his site and talked with him a bit in class. I don't have much but I can at least say that he does due what a lot of MA instructors connected to the Military do and that is claim to be a "Military [insert system] instructor" Technically he is telling the truth. He does teach MA, mainly kickboxing, on the SF camp/compound during the week and has trained with a mix of troops that get together by Blackjack gym on the weekends. As far as skill level goes I have haven't seen his whole repertoire but he has kickboxing skill and was one of the better students in the class because he was physically fight. Grappling wise he around a intermediate BJJ white belt level. I will be working more with him when I go back to BAF next month.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/17/2009 12:14pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was sold on his legitimacy when I saw him smash that skull on Deadliest Warrior...

When I Get Back

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Awards:
    BBOC - Big Bully on Campus

Posted On:
    7/17/2009 12:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Hey guys.

I just spent the last week and a half with Snake getting him certified MACP Lvl 1 at Bagram. (course is normally a week but is split into two weeks due to work schedules) I knew nothing about him until that class and was introduced to him. I googled him and it led me here. I've only browsed his site and talked with him a bit in class. I don't have much but I can at least say that he does due what a lot of MA instructors connected to the Military do and that is claim to be a "Military [insert system] instructor" Technically he is telling the truth. He does teach MA, mainly kickboxing, on the SF camp/compound during the week and has trained with a mix of troops that get together by Blackjack gym on the weekends. As far as skill level goes I have haven't seen his whole repertoire but he has kickboxing skill and was one of the better students in the class because he was physically fight. Grappling wise he around a intermediate BJJ white belt level. I will be working more with him when I go back to BAF next month.
    See if you can find out anything on Mike Ombergovich

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Posted On:
    7/17/2009 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, ask him if he was contacted and given those certs like a few others have been. Or maybe he will want to come on here some time and tell his side?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast