Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2009 11:37pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the hopes of keeping this civil and appropriate for the Armory, I propose we talk about what can be done to prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future. Police training and so forth.

Posted On:
    1/12/2009 1:21am

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp
    Of course I disagree.

I suspect he was going for the taser in case it was needed. You see, if the man had complied with the lawful orders, there would have been no need to wrestle with him on the ground, and for another officer to put a knee on his neck. I agree, someone died from bad judgement. It was very bad judgement for him to resist arrest./
    Where does it say he was resisting arrest? It seems, from the video, that the kids were compliant.

Yes, people have died from Tasers. People who did not comply with the lawful order given them and it is they, not the Officer, who force the issue.

If you do everything you are told to do, with no resistance, these things don't happen. Sadly we are still working on the Vulcan Neck Pinch, until then, they do the best they can with what they have.
    Sometimes, these things do happen. It was a mistake, IMO, but the officer had his finger on the trigger. He fucked up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2009 1:46am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings.

In the hopes of keeping this civil and appropriate for the Armory, I propose we talk about what can be done to prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future. Police training and so forth.
    Yes yes one cop's poor trigger discipline is a representation of all cops yes yes more training clearly necessary.

Also the moral of the story is: if you have a 4 year old child (or even if not), don't go out partying all night then participate in a brawl while on public transportation unless you want to possibly be accidentally shot by police.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2009 3:34pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clearly this is the only cop with poor trigger discipline. This is the only unnecessary police shooting ever to happen.

Clearly we should teach people that if they look at a cop the wrong way they will shoot you. That is the only way.

More training needed is an understatement of epic proportions.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/12/2009 4:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Self-defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** happens. You are still held accountable.

Posted On:
    1/12/2009 5:25pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here in AZ quite a few years back when I was very young, a female officer who was holding her weapon to a man's head while he was on the ground accidently discharged her weapon killing him instantly. It was a mistake in gun safety procedure, I would say. Probably an officer too stubborn to keep their trigger finger away from the trigger until ready to shoot seeing why so many people choose that method in the first place. They say the best safety is a trained trigger finger, and they're absolutely right.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    1/12/2009 6:05pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu
    Here in AZ quite a few years back when I was very young, a female officer who was holding her weapon to a man's head while he was on the ground accidently discharged her weapon killing him instantly. It was a mistake in gun safety procedure, I would say. Probably an officer too stubborn to keep their trigger finger away from the trigger until ready to shoot seeing why so many people choose that method in the first place. They say the best safety is a trained trigger finger, and they're absolutely right.
    what happened to her, do you know?

Posted On:
    1/12/2009 7:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy
    what happened to her, do you know?
    Its been a long time since the incident. I was very young at the time, but I'm sure one of my parents can tell me. I'll try to find out and get back to you.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    1/12/2009 7:45pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not possible to look it up on the internet?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    1/12/2009 8:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried, but all I can find is recent stuff. This was back in the late 80's or so.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123