223597 Bullies, 3996 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 11
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. CharlesTC is offline
    CharlesTC's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    127

    Posted On:
    1/05/2009 12:22am


     Style: None Yet

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Setting up a supplement plan(Or Trying)

    Is this a good thing to base my supplements off of?

    GNC MuscleTech® Rapid Muscle Growth Stack

    I don't know if those specific products are good, but would this be a decent guideline to follow?

    I know there are TONS of stuff to read through, but I think I have the general idea of what most supplements do, but I just need a plan of supplements that I ought to take throughout the day as well as before/after workouts.

    Also, are there any supplements that are good before/after cardio? I ask this since it seems the whole protein thing is stressed purely before/after weight training due to the muscle breakdown.

    Thanks guys.

    Charles
  2. Asriel is offline
    Asriel's Avatar

    I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,795

    Posted On:
    1/05/2009 7:52am

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll let someone a little more qualified answer regarding the link that you posted.

    What I can say is that if you want to train seriously, you NEED L-Glutamine for recovery.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

    " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

    "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

    "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

    "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

  3. codo3500 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    147

    Posted On:
    1/05/2009 8:57am


     Style: BJJ/Muay Thai (MMA)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    I'll let someone a little more qualified answer regarding the link that you posted.

    What I can say is that if you want to train seriously, you NEED L-Glutamine for recovery.
    Depends on his age, anyone over 25 and the body has alot of trouble extracting the L-glutamine from protein, but for young people just having plenty of protein available and a good nights rest and you dont really *need* it, its certainly very cheap though, and isnt going to do any damage.
  4. Asriel is offline
    Asriel's Avatar

    I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,795

    Posted On:
    1/05/2009 9:05am

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair point. I'm hurtling towards 30 and if I don't have my Glutamine i really know about it
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

    " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

    "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

    "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

    "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

  5. CharlesTC is offline
    CharlesTC's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    127

    Posted On:
    1/05/2009 9:41am


     Style: None Yet

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I am 20, and I do recover pretty quickly.

    I have some stuff here that I kinda forgot about, it's called Glutamatrix.

    I bought it not long before I fell off the workout horse, but I can begin to use that again.
  6. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    1/05/2009 11:29am

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Text in yellow added by me:

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesTC
    Is this a good (good for what purpose?) thing to base my supplements off of?

    GNC MuscleTech® Rapid Muscle Growth Stack

    I don't know if those specific products are good (good for what purpose?), but would this be a decent guideline to follow?

    I know there are TONS of stuff to read through, but I think I have the general idea of what most supplements do (see the paragraph below, text in red), but I just need a plan of supplements that I ought to take (for what purpose?)throughout the day as well as before/after workouts.

    Also, are there any supplements that are good (good for what purpose?) before/after cardio? I ask this since it seems the whole protein thing (are we talking about protein as a nutrient, protein supplements in specific, of supplements in general) is stressed purely before/after weight training due to the muscle breakdown.

    Thanks guys.

    Charles
    Umm... this thread has deja vu all over it.

    What are your goals? What's the purpose of your training? You need to describe these so that people can tell you what's good and what is not according to your training needs.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
  7. CharlesTC is offline
    CharlesTC's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    127

    Posted On:
    1/05/2009 4:21pm


     Style: None Yet

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry about that...

    I am asking in the context of fat loss and muscle gain. More muscle gain than fat loss.

    "(are we talking about protein as a nutrient, protein supplements in specific, of supplements in general)"

    I have been taking Monster Milk After my Workouts. That is where my initial statement was stemming from.
  8. PizDoff is offline

    .

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,597

    Posted On:
    1/05/2009 4:56pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are we starting to play internet consultant on the assumption that your diet plan is amazing and set in place?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
  9. Sakmongkol is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    217

    Posted On:
    1/05/2009 6:59pm


     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the 5%. People need to stop worrying about the 5%. You need to worry about the other 95%. Training, Nutrition and Recovery.

    If you are going to insist on wasting much of your money on supplements at least introduce them one at a time for a period of at least 4 weeks to monitor whether or not they have a tangible effect on you.
  10. Alchemyguy is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    53

    Posted On:
    1/06/2009 7:34pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate/JJJ by way of MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakmongkol
    This is the 5%. People need to stop worrying about the 5%. You need to worry about the other 95%. Training, Nutrition and Recovery.

    If you are going to insist on wasting much of your money on supplements at least introduce them one at a time for a period of at least 4 weeks to monitor whether or not they have a tangible effect on you.
    Propz to this, and a tip of the hat to El Macho, as always. Eat well, work hard and get your fucking sleep and everything will work out (hehe, I'm punny) for you. Supplements are not the answer. Calorie control, enough protein and rest rest rest are your answer if you want to lose weight/gain muscle. Read the stickies.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.