Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 12:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check my avatar for proper child rearing.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 5:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost

The balance thing was pretty nifty but I'm not so sure how well it translates over to combat sports. I am looking forward to doing the yoga, and the BMI/weight tracker is swanky as all hell.
    Yes. The BMI and weight thing is very accurate, and quite tactless. Bastards.

I wouldn't rely on it to get you in shape, but there are much worse ways of wasting time playing video games.
    I like the fact there is stuff on there that I can see the potential benefit of, but would no way, evarrrr, be seen doing in public. *coff.the.hula.hoop.is.awesome.coff*
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 7:23am

Style: Muay Thai MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We've had one since it came out. My wife injured her back training and was piling on the pounds so she insisted on one. It's helped her a lot with her back problem and also helped to shake the weight she gained from being almost immobile.
    Really does help your balance, I recommend them to everyone but people (martial artists) just look at you funny and shake their heads.
    Just wait for the kata game.:sad11:

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 11:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife's been wanting to get the Wii Fit to try it out.....maybe I should but it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2009 10:01pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    1/06/2009 10:06pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been playing Wii boxing for a year and I have not gotten tired of it yet. And that's the only sport I ever play. I love it because I have a couple major video game nerd friends, but their thumbs can't help them when actual technique is involved.

Posted On:
    1/06/2009 10:18pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We got a Wii and Wii fit for x-mas. The boxing is cool (but a little idiosyncratic) and the golf is relaxing to play. The Wii fit weight and BMI tracking is also neat is somewhat tactless when you have a few extra pounds and the balance games and yoga are fun.

I got my girlfriend the Jillian Michaels workout game at the same time and that's also a decent way to break a sweat when you can't get to the gym. We also got Dance Dance Revolution for the kids and while I will not admit to trying it I will say that it's seems like a good way to break a sweat in improve your coordination.
    <insert witty comment>

Posted On:
    1/06/2009 10:42pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got Wii fit shortly after it came out, and play it fairly regularly with my girlfriend.

The yoga is definitely challenging, and as others have said, it beats sit-and-stare gaming by a country mile in my opinion.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    1/06/2009 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went to a Parkinson's convention with my mom a couple months back and guess what? One of the speakers focused his presentation entirely on Wii-Fit. Turns out it is great for balance rehabilitation for people suffering from the disease (another check mark in the "great for balance" column).

I would get one for my mom but the wireless stuff that goes into using a Wii fucks around with people who have DBS as part of their treatment (damn it). I still want one for myself, though.

Posted On:
    1/07/2009 4:00am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We got one for christmas. I'm basically using it to keep track of my weight, but the balance and yoga stuff is good. The strength work is a bit pointless for me, I've been using the wii fit balance and yoga as a cool down after lifting in the gym...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast