Weak

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 8:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by KidSpatula:
    It just sucks that the two most important things to me right now (being a bad ass athlete and being a hot chick) are diametrically opposed.
    What would it take to change that for you? External approval or you achieving some ideal in your own mind? I've at least come to the point where I realise neither can exist without the other for me to be 'happy' with myself.

Most days I'm happy with my body and its quirks (eg. short torso, narrow shoulders, no hips, possibly too much ass etc.). There are others where I just look at my skinny girlfriends, their perfect hair and manicures, unbruised skin and feel like backsliding to the weak ass/little muscle body I used to have.

To put this all into perspective, I'm nit-picking and there are way more important things in life than the above.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 10:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Having said that, clothing can be an issue. I have a hard time finding long-sleeve shirts cuz my neck is too thick for my frame. At other times it's around my armpits, so, for certain brands, I shop a size larger (for the neck and around the armpits) and have them tailored.) I think everybody has that problem, too skinny, too fat, too athletic or something.
    LOL
    Let's turn this into a clothing complaint section.

I have a hard time finding jeans that I can fit into because of my thighs and hips.

Even when I buy "baggy" jeans, sometimes I can't pull them up past my hips unless I go a size or two bigger and then the are way too loose at my waist.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 11:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Most days I'm happy with my body and its quirks (eg. short torso, narrow shoulders, no hips, possibly too much ass etc.). There are others where I just look at my skinny girlfriends, their perfect hair and manicures, unbruised skin and feel like backsliding to the weak ass/little muscle body I used to have.
    oh shoosh. you're lovely.

i know it's really hard for most girls not to worry about it, but... don't worry about it.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 12:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A couple months ago I actually did get to a point where I looked overly muscly/cut and I've at no point taken any steroids (I'm sure this is hard to imagine with how not muscly I look in my avatar). I just happened to lose a lot of weight over the summer, then put on a lot of muscle during the fall when I really got back into training. Of course the holiday season has cured me of the whole being overly cut up thing, teehee. I had a few boxer friends who had this issue back in Nashville just because they trained so much. You know there's a problem when little kids aren't sure of your gender.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 12:53pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Moonracer
    LOL
    Let's turn this into a clothing complaint section.

I have a hard time finding jeans that I can fit into because of my thighs and hips.

Even when I buy "baggy" jeans, sometimes I can't pull them up past my hips unless I go a size or two bigger and then the are way too loose at my waist.
    I have the same problem with pants. Also, (and ironically) a lot of shirt and jackets don't fit me around the shoulders or the armpits. While I was in China, I couldn't take advantage of the cost savings because nothing in that country of tiny people would fit me.

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 12:54pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula
    A couple months ago I actually did get to a point where I looked overly muscly/cut and I've at no point taken any steroids (I'm sure this is hard to imagine with how not muscly I look in my avatar). I just happened to lose a lot of weight over the summer, then put on a lot of muscle during the fall when I really got back into training. Of course the holiday season has cured me of the whole being overly cut up thing, teehee. I had a few boxer friends who had this issue back in Nashville just because they trained so much. You know there's a problem when little kids aren't sure of your gender.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 1:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin
    I have the same problem with pants. Also, (and ironically) a lot of shirt and jackets don't fit me around the shoulders or the armpits. While I was in China, I couldn't take advantage of the cost savings because nothing in that country of tiny people would fit me.
    LOL
    You and I share body image problems.... <3

I have a closet full of suits I can't wear anymore and about only about a half-dozen pair of trousers I can wear to work.

I wander around department stores trying on pair after pair of pants only to not be able to get them over my thighs while my wife just laughs.

With jackets, at least, they are sized in the chest and then you can get a short/regular/long drop on the sleeves and torso legnth.

With dress shirts, go of the "athletic" fit as they are sized wider in the chest and shoulders and tapered in at the waist so they aren't as boxy.

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 4:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have image problems. I think my body is awesome.

I usually don't have too much of a problem with suits. I get a 44R and have them taken way in at the waist. Dress shirts I usually only have trouble with the neck, but Oxford makes a really nice shirt called the 'Super Shirt' that has elastic at the top button so it streches.

Weak

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 4:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally Posted by KidSpatula

When you were muscly/cut how did your normal clothes fit?

but Oxford makes a really nice shirt called the 'Super Shirt' that has elastic at the top button so it streches.
    These will go well with your elastic waisted 'Super Pants' :P

I find it hard buying pants as well! But for the reason my inseam seems to be longer than the average person my height and waist size. When I try new jeans/pants/slacks (longer cut) they all come up an inch above my ankles and I look like a nerd.

As to shirts, there's always this puff of shirt material at the back of my neck as my shoulder width isn't sufficient to fill the shirt.
    Last edited by Lily; 1/02/2009 4:44pm at .
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    1/02/2009 4:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have image problems. I think my body is awesome.
    -------8------@
    roses 4 U

I usually don't have too much of a problem with suits. I get a 44R and have them taken way in at the waist.
    Taking them in TOO much can mess up the cut of the slacks

Dress shirts I usually only have trouble with the neck, but Oxford makes a really nice shirt called the 'Super Shirt' that has elastic at the top button so it streches.
    well, you SHOULDN'T have problems with the neck as that is one of the key sizes for purchasing the shirt.

Mine is getting them so that aren't too tight at the chest and shoulder -vs- having them be all big and puffy at the waist, which is why I go for the "athletic fit"
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast