Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 8:24am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meex
    Found some. . .i guess the others got taken down. . .

Gladys Portuguese:

`~/

- don't those '80s guys look teh ghey?

- but, Gladys? mmmm

Goddamit, certainly those '80s guys looked ghey. What the hell were they thinking? Besides that dude has legs too skinny for being a front-cover model for M&F me thinks.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 8:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    I was hoping you were measuring from the spine

then you'd only have to get 6 inches bigger before we could set you up with ElMacho

I measured mine: right in the deltoid/tricep dip it's 29 and 31 on top of the delts
    Hahaha, you were off just by half an inch. I'm 19.5" inches at 5'6" tall.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 8:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula
    How tall are you, Lily? I'm actually a little self conscious about my shoulder width as I'm only 5'6" but have the same shoulder width as Kat.

You shouldn't be. That's within a normal size for an athletic woman of your size. I'm sure I've seen a chart somewhere on body dimensions for aesthetic purposes.

Besides, it's mostly genetics. We cannot drastically change the length from one side of the shoulder to next once we become adults. All that remains is to create the illusion of size by increasing the size of your lateral deltoids (that could not yield more than an inch in each, maximum), and increasing the size of your lats and rhomboids as in shown visibly by the picture below (don't remember her name unfortunately):

Or that famous shot of Jessica Biel in Blade III:

Another possibility to alter the perception on the size of your shoulders and body parts in general is by manipulating body composition.

from http://www.chickentuna.com/Philosoph...0/Default.aspx (Common Confusion, Jan 10, 2008):

Girls often ask me which exercises I do to get my arms to look like this.

While the pull-ups, push ups, dumbbell curls, and many other exercises all contribute to the muscular arms I have, the reason you can SEE the muscle is because I have low body fat. And my low body fat is obtained by eating all the Ďplain foodsí on the plain food list with the proper amounts for my particular body. Thatís right,.. the gross plain tuna, chicken, oatmeal, brown rice, vegetables, and salads with no dressing. This keeps my body fat low and my muscles visible. I have the same muscles in this picture below but they are not visible because my body fat is higher due to drinking wine and eating tasty delicious treats for a few weeks. Get it? Itís because of what I EAT that I have muscles you can see.

(take note.... these arms are defined, but they are far from big, MANY confuse the two. My biceps are 9 inches around non-flexed, and 10 inches when flexed... that is very small. Get out a tape meaure and see how small that is for yourself. If I don't want my arms to look as defined as they are in the above picture, all I have to do is eat a bunch of crap and the definition will be gone within the week.)

However, keep in mind the effects of manipulating your body composition that way that might have in your fighting conditioning. If something to be done over time so that you don't suddenly compromise your ability to fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 11:02am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh btw deadlifts/squats will give you bigger/stronger shoulders. This goes particularly to the dude who said he's stuck at 50's on OHP. Want big shoulders? Squat. Want big arms? Squat. These exercises make you grow all over so by just focusing on upper body lifts you are limiting upper body strength and size.

I think it was Jim Wendler who said if you want big presses, eat more.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 1:07pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wel, I'm three feet across. That means anyone narrower than me gets a wedgie, and anyone wider than me can't even fit through the door.

I just give wedgies all day and walk through the nearest door when the big guys show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 4:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Both of you just gave me head spin.

Kid - you look just very slender and petite in your avatar. Are you saying your shoulders are too small/big? I'm the same height as you.
    As far as fighting goes, I'm perfectly happy with my proportions. As far as finding cute clothes that fit, not so much. Like I said, my shoulder width is the same as Kat's and she's 4" taller than me. It just sucks that the two most important things to me right now (being a bad ass athlete and being a hot chick) are diametrically opposed.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 4:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It just sucks that the two most important things to me right now (being a bad ass athlete and being a hot chick) are diametrically opposed.
    Not necessarily. See: TeM's posts in 'Hottest Chick' thread.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 6:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin
    Not necessarily. See: TeM's posts in 'Hottest Chick' thread.
    Well while I do like to look athletic, and kind of look down my nose at "normal" women, there's a certain point at which you go beyond athletic female towards downright masculine or at least overly ripped.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 6:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well while I do like to look athletic, and kind of look down my nose at "normal" women, there's a certain point at which you go beyond athletic female towards downright masculine or at least overly ripped.
    I don' think I've ever seen that without roids invloved. You juicing and spending several hours a day pumping iron?

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 8:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin
    I don' think I've ever seen that without roids invloved. You juicing and spending several hours a day pumping iron?
    ^^^ this :)

KidS, you are in full control of how more athletic or muscular you can get to be. It's simply a manipulation of diet and workout strategies. You'll never get substantially bigger, not without training for it (and possibly taking 'roids.) I would not worry about that if I were you.

Also, remember that being "ripped" is a matter of keeping an extremelly low body fat and body water. And that's only temporary, for photo shoots and modeling and competitions. Nobody can permanently be that "ripped".

Having said that, clothing can be an issue. I have a hard time finding long-sleeve shirts cuz my neck is too thick for my frame. At other times it's around my armpits, so, for certain brands, I shop a size larger (for the neck and around the armpits) and have them tailored.) I think everybody has that problem, too skinny, too fat, too athletic or something.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast