Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2008 10:21pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In that case, I think you should definitely spend $600 on a 250-pound bag, because it's true that those silly Thais only ever practise the one kick when doing bag work. It sounds like the only thing that could possibly stand up to your incredible power. Then I think you should contact Buakaw and tell him that he can't possibly get any good training on crappy bags in a shanty pig farm.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 12:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP,

The whole point of a hanging bag is to get used to it moving around, as the guy you're fighting isn't going to be a wavemaster.

It gets you used to timing and angles, and you should be able to more or less "control" it with your strikes.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 1:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TxSanshou
    I need a heavier bag.
    No, you don't.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 11:54am

Style: Sanshou/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    OP,

The whole point of a hanging bag is to get used to it moving around, as the guy you're fighting isn't going to be a wavemaster.

It gets you used to timing and angles, and you should be able to more or less "control" it with your strikes.

very true

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 11:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by retrograde
    In that case, I think you should definitely spend $600 on a 250-pound bag, because it's true that those silly Thais only ever practise the one kick when doing bag work. It sounds like the only thing that could possibly stand up to your incredible power. Then I think you should contact Buakaw and tell him that he can't possibly get any good training on crappy bags in a shanty pig farm.

Each fighter is different and we prefer to train with different equipment when it comes to bags I prefer to kick bags that are heavier than me to simulate fighting someone much bigger than me I am not critiquing the thai fighters in the video im just saying when it comes to bag work I like to train with bags heavier than me

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 12:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what's going to help you when you journey outside of Newbietown?

Stop talking like you are an expert on fighters.

Each fighter is different and we prefer to train with different equipment when it comes to bags I prefer to kick bags that are heavier than me to simulate fighting someone much bigger than me I am not critiquing the thai fighters in the video im just saying when it comes to bag work I like to train with bags heavier than me

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 12:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    You know what's going to help you when you journey outside of Newbietown?

Stop talking like you are an expert on fighters.
    I am not an expert never said I was I know the way I like to train and I know the way other fighters like to train and that seems to anger you

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 12:13pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, you are assuming that you know how other fighters train. You are getting good advice from amateurs and retired pros but, as shown above, you don't enjoy being told a differing opinion.

Anger no. Just letting you know what is going to happen when you leave this comfort zone with continued comments of "We", "they", and "Us".

You already had someone misconstrue your "Thai" comment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 12:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Actually, you are assuming that you know how other fighters train. You are getting good advice from amateurs and retired pros but, as shown above, you don't enjoy being told a differing opinion.

Anger no. Just letting you know what is going to happen when you leave this comfort zone with continued comments of "We", "they", and "Us".

You already had someone misconstrue your "Thai" comment.
    actually sir most of what I have gotten is criticism for the simple fact that I prefer to kick heavier bags then what the fighters shown in the other video do and for some reason thats pissing everyone off I am in no way saying that I am better than they are most of those thai fighter would destroy me in a match but just because they are better than me dose not mean I can not kick a heavier bag then them

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 12:47pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually sir most of what I have gotten is criticism for the simple fact that I prefer to kick heavier bags then what the fighters shown in the other video do and for some reason thats pissing everyone off I am in no way saying that I am better than they are most of those thai fighter would destroy me in a match but just because they are better than me dose not mean I can not kick a heavier bag then them

Nope. No one told you to stop did they? They told you it wasn't necessary and to not waste your money. No one said stop.

No one is "pissed"at you. You are in a different state so, what you do doesn't really concern anyone. They are trying to help you. I think you are the one with the anger issues. Is there some sarcasm? Yes. Every poster, minus myself, has given you sound advice on training your kicks.

Get your 250lbs bag and heed their advice.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast