Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 10:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BALEETED

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gosta Benchmade Mini-Griptilian in D2. No new guns this year. :(
    Last edited by Japuma630; 12/30/2008 11:04pm at .

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/06/2009 9:46pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of my Christmas presents to myself came in today: Spyderco Military. I got it for a really steep discount, but it was still one of the more expensive folders I've purchased. It's a bit bigger than I thought it'd be (especially the handle), but it feels really good in my hand, and opens easily with gloves on. Definitely got a sturdy feel to it.

My Camillus should be arriving sometime this week. You're still not off the hook Asia.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/22/2009 7:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius
    My Camillus should be arriving sometime this week. You're still not off the hook Asia.
    Alright, your ribs are safe Asia. After a bunch of shipping SNAFUs, my Camillus CQB 1 (partially serrated) arrived yesterday. It's shaving sharp out of the box (I haven't sharpened it yet, need to get a better sharpening kit for this new cutlery, actually), the blade (ATS-34) has that sturdy feel that only good steel that's been treated properly has, and the handle fits my large hand like a glove.

The only nitpicky issues I have are:

1.) This knife is not "still in the box new," as was advertised. Someone has lightly engraved the initials "GHD" into the blade. Fortunately, the actual edge has clearly not seen any use, so I'm willing to accept this defect for the time being. Doesn't seem like I have a choice, since there aren't many of these knives left on the market.

2.) The kydex sheath it comes with is set up for right handed draw. My Gerber LMF Infantry II is set up for left or right handed draw, and I'm left handed. I have ways of getting around this, but it's still a minor annoyance.

3.) It recommends you purchase additional parts to make it "jump safe." I don't see how the sheath will attach easily to molle, but I can get around that easily enough with 550 cord and a couple girth hitches, end of the line bowlines (bolans, **** you), and square knots. I may end up having to do something creative with this baby if I can't find a sheath better suited to my purposes.

The knife itself is awesome, though.

PS - The Spyderco Military has quickly become my daily carry folder. I love it. If you don't want the 4 inch blade, go with the 75% sized para military. I'm pretty sure I couldn't ding the blade without trying pretty hard. The G-10 handle feels great, too.
    Last edited by Cassius; 1/22/2009 7:08pm at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/22/2009 8:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, your ribs are safe Asia. After a bunch of shipping SNAFUs, my Camillus CQB 1 (partially serrated) arrived yesterday. It's shaving sharp out of the box (I haven't sharpened it yet, need to get a better sharpening kit for this new cutlery, actually), the blade (ATS-34) has that sturdy feel that only good steel that's been treated properly has, and the handle fits my large hand like a glove.
    YEAH!

The only nitpicky issues I have are:
    UH OH!!

1.) This knife is not "still in the box new," as was advertised. Someone has lightly engraved the initials "GHD" into the blade. Fortunately, the actual edge has clearly not seen any use, so I'm willing to accept this defect for the time being. Doesn't seem like I have a choice, since there aren't many of these knives left on the market.
    Not my fault!!!!

2.) The kydex sheath it comes with is set up for right handed draw. My Gerber LMF Infantry II is set up for left or right handed draw, and I'm left handed. I have ways of getting around this, but it's still a minor annoyance.
    You know you can change that, right? I have changed my original form both right and left handed draw depending on the MOLLE setup.

3.) It recommends you purchase additional parts to make it "jump safe." I don't see how the sheath will attach easily to molle, but I can get around that easily enough with 550 cord and a couple girth hitches, end of the line bowlines (bolans, **** you), and square knots. I may end up having to do something creative with this baby if I can't find a sheath better suited to my purposes.
    You can attach it to MOLLE but it takes some work.
    The "jump safe" attach me I think more for Jumpmaster duties. Most JM strap their knife down by the ankle and used to cut away a towed jumper.

The knife itself is awesome, though.
    Yes, yes it is.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/22/2009 9:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    You know you can change that, right? I have changed my original form both right and left handed draw depending on the MOLLE setup.
    Oh wow, I'm a fucking retard. I didn't even pay attention to the fact that those screws were phillips head. Color me embarassed . . .

Oops. Guess I've been doing a little too much Iraqi.

Speaking of Jumpmaster, are you getting stuck going to that anytime soon? I hear it's right up there in lameness with Airborne and Air Assault. I think I have to go next year.
    Last edited by Cassius; 1/22/2009 9:57pm at .

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 7:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh wow, I'm a fucking retard. I didn't even pay attention to the fact that those screws were phillips head. Color me embarassed . . .

Oops. Guess I've been doing a little too much Iraqi.

Speaking of Jumpmaster, are you getting stuck going to that anytime soon? I hear it's right up there in lameness with Airborne and Air Assault. I think I have to go next year.
    Here in 82nd land its an insatiable quest for bling. Go to JM your a Cherry JM, Get a star you a Jagged Edge Cherry JM, Get a reef (aka Master Blaster) but under 100 jumps your a Cherry MB JM.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 9:31am

Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this the one you two are discussing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Camillus-USA-CQB...QQcmdZViewItem

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 12:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep thats where I got my second one from.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 12:18pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't believe I missed this thread. I bought a couple gifts for myself, some came earlier then others.

First was a custom knife from Don Llewellyn

Then the Keltec Sub2k. A folding 9mm rifle that takes 30 round Glock mags. It's fun, but eats up alot of my spare 9mm ammo.

I also have another Cavarms lower I need to get from my FFL. Not sure if I'm going to flip it in trade or build it up.

Bought some more mags also. I started with this:

Then added another 8 Cproducts mags, a couple of the SIG AR mags, and 5 or 6 more Magpul mags.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/23/2009 4:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    Here in 82nd land its an insatiable quest for bling. Go to JM your a Cherry JM, Get a star you a Jagged Edge Cherry JM, Get a reef (aka Master Blaster) but under 100 jumps your a Cherry MB JM.
    All my friends at the 82nd have had like 10 jumps in the last few months. We pretty much just jump to keep our hazard pay.

I'm hoping to upgrade my wings in a year or two, but not to the star.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456