Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    12/27/2008 11:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Zendokan...seriously dude, you need to cut the romanticism/I come from a long line of warriors thing. Or maybe I'm just tired and cranky.
    That's a bit harsh in a thread designed to find out if people come from, well, long lines of warriors, isn't it?

Also, the world needs a little romance.
    A touch of glurge to oil the wheels.
    A smattering of heroic nostalgia to melt the heart and inspire the timid.

Pontificate on, Zendo...
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Posted On:
    12/27/2008 12:14pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hogfather
    the world needs a little romance.
    Why is this in a thread for warriors? You, sir, are a nancy...

Don't you want to make it to Valhalla to fight impossible battles over and over again and eat and drink until you've got more rolls than a bakery on sunday morning? Get on track here, man! Grab a beer and start pretending you're tough **** like the rest of us!
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Posted On:
    12/27/2008 12:25pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go back far enough and you'll be hard pushed to find anyone without a fighter of some description in their bloodline. If there's one thing humans are good at, it's getting into large and bloody wars. We had a couple of doozies last century to swell the numbers of people with recent bloodshed in their family tree.

I actually come from a pretty non-violent lineage in recent times. One grandfather missed out on WWII through being blind in one eye (woodcutting accident), the other was an RAF engineer who scored an OBE for work on air-to-air refuelling. When it comes to ancestry, though, it's all Border Reiver clans as far as the eye can see on my father's side, and Highlanders on my mother's. As a kid, I used to drive past the Devil's Beef Tub on my way to visit my grandmother, where men who were probably distant ancestors of mine hid stolen cattle. Five hundred years of reproduction and marriages later, though, I probably share some of those ancestors with people on this very board.

I'm not a hothead, not particularly aggressive, just extremely competitive. I doubt blood has much to do with it in my case; it's more to do with getting a taste for victory at an early age. Maybe it's always more of a cultural thing than a genetic thing. The children of those who had to fight teach their children to fight too, but if their children don't fight they may not pass it on to the next generation. People turn pacifist, sometimes for religious reasons. Pacifists from childhood decide to become fighters. It ebbs and flows.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    12/27/2008 12:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophist
    Go back far enough and you'll be hard pushed to find anyone without a fighter of some description in their bloodline. If there's one thing humans are good at, it's getting into large and bloody wars. We had a couple of doozies last century to swell the numbers of people with recent bloodshed in their family tree.

I actually come from a pretty non-violent lineage in recent times. One grandfather missed out on WWII through being blind in one eye (woodcutting accident), the other was an RAF engineer who scored an OBE for work on air-to-air refuelling. When it comes to ancestry, though, it's all Border Reiver clans as far as the eye can see on my father's side, and Highlanders on my mother's. As a kid, I used to drive past the Devil's Beef Tub on my way to visit my grandmother, where men who were probably distant ancestors of mine hid stolen cattle. Five hundred years of reproduction and marriages later, though, I probably share some of those ancestors with people on this very board.

I'm not a hothead, not particularly aggressive, just extremely competitive. I doubt blood has much to do with it in my case; it's more to do with getting a taste for victory at an early age. Maybe it's always more of a cultural thing than a genetic thing. The children of those who had to fight teach their children to fight too, but if their children don't fight they may not pass it on to the next generation. People turn pacifist, sometimes for religious reasons. Pacifists from childhood decide to become fighters. It ebbs and flows.
    Plural? I thought THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE?

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2008 12:40pm

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both grandpas fought in WW2 along pretty much every great uncle and male relatives of the same age. Dad is a great big softie, but my mom could probably punch out Satan if he tracked mud on the carpets.
    My earliest known ancestors shared a name with me in the 1500's, and was apparently a magistrate, a landowner and a great big cheat in pretty much everything.
    And one other guy with the same name was hanged as a notorious highwayman in the 1700's.

I like to believe that i've been around here for looong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2008 4:08pm

Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as I know, I'm pretty much the start of anyone in my line that actually tried to train to fight. My dad wrestled some in high school, but he was more interested in competitive weightlifting, while my brother took to football. I do know that at my dad's side of the family had some hotheaded members, and they sometimes settled their issues with fists.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2008 6:05pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My dad killed a polar bear with his bare hands.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678