Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:02am

Style: SAMBO, jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusdbrutus
    I don't think asking for input for an important decision makes it a low content thread, or newbietown material. That was a pretty douchey way to respond. Just saying.
    I just don't see why people ask for advice on serious issues as this with total fucking strangers. His friends and family is with whom he should be conferring with, not us.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk
    Once I played chess against a pineapple and lost! I think maybe you were a little hard on the guy don't ya think?
    aight, you got me. but **** man...

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:05am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by animlmthr
    aight, you got me. but **** man...
    Tittle was funny though! ;)

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:06am

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just don't see why people ask for advice on serious issues as this with total fucking strangers. His friends and family is with whom he should be conferring with, not us.
    According to him, they seem to have agendas of their own and he wants unbiased opinions. Anonymity isn't always a bad thing when you're looking for other viewpoints, right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk
    Tittle was funny though! ;)
    /thread derail/
    you know, I still think there's still something to all that...just saying.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Recall,
    Anyone know at what point you have to register your hands?

that's one example.

This last thread is just silly. I mean how are we supposed to help you with a serious decision such as joining the military?

Fine, you want my advice? If the SEALS are something you've always wanted to do and you feel you'll regret it if you don't try, then by all means enlist. I think your old enough (25 right?) to understand the significance of a six year contract, so I won't lecture like you're some doe-eyed 17 year-old.
    If you'll regret not doing MMA then stick with it.
    If you're not sure which you'd rather do, then don't join the Navy. Military service is not to be taken lightly and when you're in you're in unless you pull an animlmthr and break your back on the OC.
    yeah I agree the registering your hands post was rediculous.... I was argueing with someone about it and I was already near this forum ( probablly should of posted that no where actually but I got sick of hear this drunk mother fcker talking) and this is a more serious question I had rather get replies from people with a little more life exp. but if you are ex military than you should know its a hard decision at an older age knowing you have invested tiome into something else that you equally enjoy. But I get the point on the other post that was to clear up an argument.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by superman36369
    yeah I agree the registering your hands post was rediculous.... I was argueing with someone about it and I was already near this forum ( probablly should of posted that no where actually but I got sick of hear this drunk mother fcker talking) and this is a more serious question I had rather get replies from people with a little more life exp. but if you are ex military than you should know its a hard decision at an older age knowing you have invested tiome into something else that you equally enjoy. But I get the point on the other post that was to clear up an argument.

I was half-way thru college when I dropped out to join the USMC back in 2006. My family was against it, my friends were against it but I knew in my heart that I had to do it or I would resent everyone in my life, including myself, if I didn't at least try. It didn't happen to work out for me in the end but now I can get on with my life without any regrets.

If you feel that strongly about it, then I say enlist and give it a go. Remember the SEALs are a tall order and you may just end up being another squid in the fleet but it should be cool regardless.

I apolgize if I came off as a dick earlier, superman36369.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:15am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysc87
    If you can cut it, I'd say SEAL.

Also, where in the **** did you get the idea that you had to register your hands as deadly weapons? (ala http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79306)
    LMAO my sisters boyfriend said she knew a guy that was in prison cause he was a pro boxer and beat the **** outta some guy and went to jail cause his hands were registered and he is sitting here telling me not to do either of these things cause the same **** will happen to me cause i got a bad temper. I figured it was bullshit but i wanted to shut him up ... finally he just passed the **** out

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:18am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was half-way thru college when I dropped out to join the USMC back in 2006. My family was against it, my friends were against it but I knew in my heart that I had to do it or I would resent everyone in my life, including myself, if I didn't at least try. It didn't happen to work out for me in the end but now I can get on with my life without any regrets.

If you feel that strongly about it, then I say enlist and give it a go. Remember the SEALs are a tall order and you may just end up being another squid in the fleet but it should be cool regardless.

I apolgize if I came off as a dick earlier, superman36369.
    its cool lol , I agree about the other post ...... and I appreciate the advice though

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by superman36369
    its cool lol , I agree about the other post ...... and I appreciate the advice though
    Why do you go on monthly trips to the recruiter's office? How long have you been looking into the NAVY? I mean, I guess I'm asking why it's taken so long for them to say they could waive your tats? It seems like you could have enlisted years ago.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast