Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 1:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

SEALS or MMA

Most of my life I have wanted to be Spec Op's but my tatts have held me back so I never was able to join the military. I've been training in BJJ and boxing for a couple years and about 6 months ago started putting some thai boxing and wrestling in the mix. A carrer in MMA is looking promising from my trainers perspectives so I've been real excited about getting in touch with this promoter after the holidays and all. Then yesterday I made my monthly trip to the Marines and Navy recruiters and the Navy said they could get my tatts waived and have me in meps at the beginningof the year. So now I have a chance to go out for SEALS but I can't decide if I want to see this MMA thing through or go in the Navy on a 6 year contract. Either way I need some input cause I just turned 25 so I don't have much time to make either decision. SEALS wont take you after I think 28 and I dont want to have my first MMA fight at 30 . What do you guys think I should do? Just need some un biased opinions... Everyone has there on agenda (the recruiters my trainers even my family)
    Last edited by superman36369; 12/24/2008 1:39am at .

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 1:41am

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I'd go SEAL. Seems to me there's more you can do for yourself and the world than just fighting for money and entertainment.

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 1:44am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah me too if I was you, because you started this off with it was something you have always wanted to do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 1:44am

Style: SAMBO, jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by superman36369
    Most of my life I have wanted to be Spec Op's but my tatts have held me back so I never was able to join the military. I've been training in BJJ and boxing for a couple years and about 6 months ago started putting some thai boxing and wrestling in the mix. A carrer in MMA is looking promising from my trainers perspectives so I've been real excited about getting in touch with this promoter after the holidays and all. Then yesterday I made my monthly trip to the Marines and Navy recruiters and the Navy said they could get my tatts waived and have me in meps at the beginningof the year. So now I have a chance to go out for SEALS but I can't decide if I want to see this MMA thing through or go in the Navy on a 6 year contract. Either way I need some input cause I just turned 25 so I don't have much time to make either decision. SEALS wont take you after I think 28 and I dont want to have my first MMA fight at 30 . What do you guys think I should do? Just need some un biased opinions... Everyone has there on agenda (the recruiters my trainers even my family)
    First, stop starting low content threads.

Second, post this kind of crap in newbietown where you belong.

Third, joining the military is burly. Joining (and actually completing) S.E.A.L. training is even more burly. How the **** should we know if it's right for you.

Good Luck!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 1:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by animlmthr

Third, joining the military is burly. Joining (and actually completing) S.E.A.L. training is even more burly. How the **** should we know if it's right for you.

Good Luck!
    I find this forum more informative , and I didnt ask what is right for me just need some input I havent had the chance to enlist in 7 years and I am becomming consumed with the MMA world and what do you mean by low content threads ( just wandering for future reference)

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 1:54am

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Good Luck!

I don't think asking for input for an important decision makes it a low content thread, or newbietown material. That was a pretty douchey way to respond. Just saying.

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 1:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusdbrutus
    I don't think asking for input for an important decision makes it a low content thread, or newbietown material. That was a pretty douchey way to respond. Just saying.
    Agreed!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 1:59am

Style: SAMBO, jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by superman36369
    I find this forum more informative , and I didnt ask what is right for me just need some input I havent had the chance to enlist in 7 years and I am becomming consumed with the MMA world and what do you mean by low content threads ( just wandering for future reference)
    Recall,
    Anyone know at what point you have to register your hands?

that's one example.

This last thread is just silly. I mean how are we supposed to help you with a serious decision such as joining the military?

Fine, you want my advice? If the SEALS are something you've always wanted to do and you feel you'll regret it if you don't try, then by all means enlist. I think your old enough (25 right?) to understand the significance of a six year contract, so I won't lecture like you're some doe-eyed 17 year-old.
    If you'll regret not doing MMA then stick with it.
    If you're not sure which you'd rather do, then don't join the Navy. Military service is not to be taken lightly and when you're in you're in unless you pull an animlmthr and break your back on the OC.

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:01am

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you can cut it, I'd say SEAL.

Also, where in the **** did you get the idea that you had to register your hands as deadly weapons? (ala Anyone know at what point you have to register your hands? - No BS Martial Arts)

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 2:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Good Luck!
    Once I played chess against a pineapple and lost! I think maybe you were a little hard on the guy don't ya think?
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast